FR85/RN/RN in an Elantra?

ADS

Aurezalia

What year?
Older body style - no way. RN/RN/RN is pretty much all you can count on. I believe the newer body style is wider though, it *might* be doable.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I have a 2009 as a rental right now. No way those 3 will work and highly unlikely many 3 across will work with the way the seat curves up at the sides.
The Elantra has a new style for 2011. Not sure what the back seat is like for this. I will peek in when I pick up my van from the dealer in a few minutes just for my own curiosity.

gsdguenter

I drive a 2010 Elantra and can fit MT, ffing RN, and rfing RN. As well as rfing RN, ffing RN, and rfin RN. I know I tried some combination with the MR as well and it worked, but I can't remember.

I don't have a FR85, but can try out MR/RN/RN if you want or Scenera/RN/RN. Or CA/RN/RN. Just let me know.

FYI All of my RNs are the newer boot.

bccrst

I drive a 2010 Elantra and can fit MT, ffing RN, and rfing RN. As well as rfing RN, ffing RN, and rfin RN. I know I tried some combination with the MR as well and it worked, but I can't remember.

I don't have a FR85, but can try out MR/RN/RN if you want or Scenera/RN/RN. Or CA/RN/RN. Just let me know.

FYI All of my RNs are the newer boot.

I'd appreciate that, thanks! Can you try MR/FFRN/RFRN as well as both RNs FF? I don't really care where the seats are in relation to outboard etc.

I may look at a PW for D2 in the near future, but don't know how easy it would be to buckle a booster in a tight back seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've found the easiest way to do a booster in a tight 3 across is to leave it buckled, and have the kid pull a little slack into the belt and wiggle under, then tighten it up. Not the most convenient thing but it can work.

bccrst

I can try this tomorrow. It's been a looooong day today ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

It's alright. After talking to more people, I've had to accept that a sedan is rahter impractical for our lifestyle. I'm looking at the 2006 and newer Kia Sedonas now :(

Dillipop

It's alright. After talking to more people, I've had to accept that a sedan is rahter impractical for our lifestyle. I'm looking at the 2006 and newer Kia Sedonas now :(

We have a 2005 Elantra with a 3-across right now. I currently have a ffing radian, rfing shuttle33, and OS parkway. It is really tight, but works. I think I might be able to fit a radian rfing in the shuttle33 spot, but I haven't tried it yet. In the parkway spot, I can also do a monterey (not latched though, since we pull the booster to the side to buckle) or a turbobooster, although the turbo fit isn't as great as I'd like.

I agree with others, though, about the van versus the car. We just traded in our Buick Century for a Toyota Sienna. The extra space is sooooo nice. No more fighting, no more struggling to get the kids in, etc. The Buick was big enough that is was *ok* to deal with 3-across on a regular basis. If the Hyundai Elantra had been our primary vehicle, we would have gotten a new vehicle a lot sooner than now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC