Now What?

mamakc

I am so mad! I replaced radians with the Complete Air because I couldn't get them any more upright than 45*. Now I'm finding out that I HAVE to reline the CA to 45*. Not only will that not fit in my car, I don't want DS to have to lay back that far! I specifically picked the CA because it was tall enough to get him to 4 RF.

So, now what? I can't afford another seat. I'll have to sell the CA first. I could keep it and FF DS in our corolla. What are my other options? DS is 2.5 (this month), 33.5lbs, 35 inches tall, 14 inch torso (I think, can't find my tape measure). For reference, he would have *just* outgrown the Scenera RF. I know the ETA would be one, but he hates it(my mom has one).

ADS

sunnyday

I'm in the exact same boat. I just talked to my DH and he is not willing to get another seat. So, we've either got to get the 45 degree angle to work, or she's going to have to FF :eek:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Call Safety 1st or Dorel, I can't remember which, and talk to Brendan. He'll tell you, as he's told others, that the 45 degrees is for newborns and older kids can sit more upright.

I'd put it upright without a second thought.

Wendy

Jillybeans5

We have a Momentum and my youngest DS has lots of room left to grow in height, and his torso is about the same size (14 or 14.5). I know it is similar to the EFT65, but its not the same (we didn't care for the EFT65).

Aurezalia

Call Safety 1st or Dorel, I can't remember which, and talk to Brendan. He'll tell you, as he's told others, that the 45 degrees is for newborns and older kids can sit more upright.

I'd put it upright without a second thought.

Wendy

I 100% agree. The "press release" is not new information, just the same CYA stance we've heard on-and-off for ages. I'm still absolutely comfortable installing it more upright than 45*.

mamakc

I don't want to call and ask for someone to tell me what I want to hear. I want consistency and I do not like the confusion surrounding this seat.

sunnyday

I don't want to call and ask for someone to tell me what I want to hear. I want consistency and I do not like the confusion surrounding this seat.

I feel the same way. I want to make sure I'm putting DD in a position that has been crash tested as safe.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Good luck. Call any company, Britax, Evenflo, Graco, Dorel, Sunshine Kids, and speak to three different people and you'll get three different answers.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC