How to start up conversation with someone?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'm 99.9% sure that a mom at daycare has her TWO year old in a HBB (Evenflo Big Kid I believe) using a lap belt in the center of her Tahoe. I don't want to cause issues. I'm worried that if I piss her off, she will go to the director of the daycare and I don't want to jeopordize my kids care there. So, how do you bring it up? Or do you not say anything? I did a car seat check at the daycare last year, but they didn't attend then.

I thought about playing stupid and saying something like 'hey, I was wondering what kind of seat you have for X. I've had the hardest time finding a seat to work in the center of my Sub due to the buckles and noticed you had X's seat in the middle' and then if she confirms my concerns about it being a HBB at least it opens the lines of communication....

I am so not a forward person when it comes to things like this. I barely know this woman. But it's clear how much she cares about her kid, I can see it when she is with him. Help me, help her. I don't care that he's FF. I mean I do, but I'll pick my battles, kwim?!

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Anyone know what year they added a shoulder belt to the center position in a Tahoe/Suburban??? I got a better look today and I *think* I saw a shoulder belt. My 2000 doesn't have a center shoulder belt, and mine is a 2000. Her's is the same body style, but may be a bit newer.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, well a 2003 is the same body style. So I suppose it's possible. I still HATE the fact that he's in a booster at his age, but at least there is a good chance it's not with just the lap belt. That makes me feel a TEENY bit better. Now just to figure out how to become friendly with her. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC