What should I do with an outgrown Tribute?

Brianna

It was purchased because I needed a seat ASAP, and was the only seat in my town that RF past 30 pounds. J is 33 pounds and is getting close to having only 1" of shell above his head. I'll continue to use it until he outgrows it because it means that I don't have to re-install his mom's MR in my car every time I watch him.
Mom has agreed to RF to the limits on his MR, and he won't be FF in my car before that, so this seat is useless once he outgrows it RF- he'll be 40 pounds when he's FF which is the weight limit of this seat.

I'm thinking my options are

1) Offer for sale cheap to Facebook friends, in hopes that they won't go straight from a bucket to a FF only seat.
2) Offer for sale on here (I don't think it's a popular seat and not sure if it would even sell)
3) Keep it as an emergency spare, though I'm not sure what emergency I would run into that would leave me needing it
4) Not sure how the BRU trade in works- does it have to be expired? If it doesn't, I'd love to be able to trade it in to get a discount on the Argo if it's ever released.

I know it could take a while for him to gain 2 pounds, but this kid has moved from the 50th percentile to over the 95th in both weight and height, and it wouldn't surprise me if he jumps right off the charts soon.

Any other options, and it what order would you rank them?

ADS

Jillybeans5

I would try to sell it locally whether you list it on CL, offer it to FB friends or list it here, or all of the above.;) It is an inexpensive enough seat that it probably wouldn't be worthwhile to ship. I've had pretty good luck selling on CL.

Brianna

:doh: forgot about CL!

I think I would feel bad about somebody else using it though- the straps twist so easy I can just picture another person buckling their child without straightening the straps every single time, and I don't think it would take too long to turn into a rope.
Is that something I should be concerned about?

Jillybeans5

:doh: forgot about CL!

I think I would feel bad about somebody else using it though- the straps twist so easy I can just picture another person buckling their child without straightening the straps every single time, and I don't think it would take too long to turn into a rope.
Is that something I should be concerned about?

Nope, I wouldn't worry about that. The seat is still sold in stores and does not come with a twisty strap warning. If the buyer doesn't keep the straps straight in your seat they won't keep them straight in another seat either.;)

Brianna

I'm still trying to get into the "you can't save the world" mentality I guess :eek:

I wish Evenflo would do away with their twisty straps- the straps on the MR are a lot harder to twist!

lovemybabybug

And on the trad ein thing...they will take ANYTHING. They throw it all away. I was there yesterday drooling over the new Mamas and Papas strollers they are carrying, so the guy asked me what do I have now. I told him the strollers I had, so he said "bring it at at trade in and get 25% off this one. Doen't matter what condition they are in, we just throw them away".

Jillybeans5

I would only do the BRU trade in if it would get you more value in discount form than the resale value of the seat your wanting to get rid of.

Brianna

Is it always the same % discount offered by BRU?

If they ever do release the Argos, it looks like it will be at least $200, so if the trade in coupon is 25% then I would get back the full price I paid for the Tribute! That's very exciting and I think that makes it the best option :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC