Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: 5 stepping....

Carseat Crazy

5 stepping....

OK, in ATL here today, and tried putting dd1 in my dad's car (actually my stepmom's, but hey). Booster-less, the outboard lap belt fit is PERFECT. Couldn't be happier with it. The shoulder leaves a bit to be desired (rides up on her neck just a tad). Center with no booster leaves a bad lap belt fit.

Center with a booster puts the lap belt way out on the thighs and leaves questionable head support (headrests are "adjustable" in the sense of they stay all the way down, 1 click up, or out of the car).

Outboard belt positioning with the booster again leaves her with questionable head support, an equivalent lap belt fit, and no change in shoulder belt geometry as far as close to her neck etc.

I need to do 3 across in this car. Current set up is dd3 outboard FF BLVD (she'll be 4 next month, and she's nearing the wt limit on the BLVD for RF anyway), ds RF in a MCP, and DD, 5-stepped.

Riding in our Escape down here, she did not 5-step out of the booster, and it was her first ride in a backless (HBB didn't fit 3across) We have here, for her, a backless Monarch.

Thoughts?
    Raechel, mom of my crew of now 5!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 5 stepping....

When you say outboard leaves her with questionable head support, do you mean the tips of her ears are above the head restraint? Even with the top? Slightly under?
    Can she sit correctly the entire time? Even with the belt slightly rubbing on the neck?
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Re: 5 stepping....

pictures please!

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos