I just bought a...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just bought a... *kid pics added*

ProSport in Envy!!!! :D I went to the local store to try it out and they had a store wide 25% off sale. Of course our prices are higher here, so normal price was $310 but after the discount it was $233!

I'd only seen it online up until today and I thought it was green and gray and black, which seemed odd to me, so I was surprised when it was green and brown! I love the colors.

DD1 has some room in it uninstalled, I am super shocked! :)

recaro004.jpg

Kid pics:

Scarlett (40", 30 lbs, 4y4m)
IMG_8769.jpg

Growing room
IMG_8767.jpg

Mali (44", 37lbs, 5y11.5m)
IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8757.jpg

With padding insert
IMG_8755.jpg

Without the padding insert
IMG_8759.jpg

I was shocked at how short the straps are! She's a skinny toot, I can't imagine a heftier kid would fit in the harness
IMG_8760.jpg

Second from top adjustment
IMG_8763.jpg

IMG_8765.jpg

I love the SIP
IMG_8762.jpg

Top booster setting
IMG_8761.jpg

I am not impressed with the booster mode, for my kid. She's too narrow for it, IMO. I don't plan on using it in booster mode anyhow--DD1 will use it until she's outgrown it, then DD2 will do the same, and I imagine by the time DD2 outgrows it (I'm guessing in at least a year) DS will be ready to FF.
Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

Last edited:
ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Forthcoming! :p

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

keri1292

Q didn't lose any room when I installed it. :)

Also, Judi, they sent the foam and Q says it is "nice". Guess he got used to the wonky LATCH placement. :thumbsup:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It fits! It fits!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
220f064a.jpg

I need to swap out the CCO covers. It will look good with Key Lime :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ooo that's pretty! I bet the Key Lime will look great, but at the same time, the Cool Mint works really well, too. The Radian does such a good job of picking up the colors from both of them.

I usually don't care much about seats matching, but when fun colors are involved, I love it :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah I don't want it to be too matchy matchy! The ProSport and Flora were made for each other ;) I think the CCO is their love child :p

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We haven't taken it for a test drive yet but the button is right in the middle of her back:

recaro005.jpg

No idea if it's going to bug her or not. It installs well with LATCH but the seatbelt gives us a smidge more room.

Belle's Mamma

We haven't taken it for a test drive yet but the button is right in the middle of her back:

recaro005.jpg

No idea if it's going to bug her or not. It installs well with LATCH but the seatbelt gives us a smidge more room.

The button on the seat belt is usually pretty easy to pop off. Since the button is only a convience feature it wont affect the integrity of the seat belt itself. In my training course & a few checks we have removed the button to get a better install (usually with the base of an infant seat).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh I know, but I don't know if I want to do that :eek: I might just leave it as is and if she complains, switch it to LATCH. She's boostered in that spot now, and will be again once she outgrows the ProSport, and the button is kinda handy.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I like it better in the other pics. Maybe it's just the lighting in the three across...

So, um, I'm assuming that they allow tether use up to 65 lbs. in Canada then? :whistle:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah it's very shiny fabric and the light reflecting off the seat makes it look different, plus that one was taken with my phone, the other ones with my good camera.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Is Recaro in Canada? I'm not concerned about the weight limit on the tether since none of my kids will make it anywhere near the weight limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC