I was rear ended again

agave

How much longer will a radian last RF compared to a myride?

I'm hoping to get a new car out of this but I'm still waiting for claims to call back. I want a very brightly colored car next!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Bless your heart. :(

I would say a couple of years. It will get you a good several inches. Depending on the size of your kids (how much shell does 2.5yo have in the MR?) it may be irrelevent.

You can kind of tell in this pic -- the tops of the shells are about even, but the RN is a smidge more reclined. However, the seating area is much lower on the RN than it is on the MR, which allows that extra room for growth. (A child in the RN sits essentially under the MR's cupholders.)

agave

I get a different number every time I check but the closest was 1.5" she will be 3 in 2 days she's about 37" I know I'm not going to like it FF so I want something different even if I don't get much more RF time.

My xB definitely lost the fight with the F250 with a cattle guard.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
A Radian, or a Complete Air, maybe. I guess you would indeed have more ime with the RN, if you stick with the 40" standing height rule in a CA. My gut is that I would prefer the CA to the RN (and definitely the MR) FFing, but it's hard for me to know. I've found I tend to use convertibles RF only and then switch to a combo seat for FF, lol.

The irony is that where the MR tends to be overreclined FF, the RN tends to be overly upright. Not always, but as a general rule of thumb.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
My DS's stats are almost exactly the same as your oldest, here's the MR vs our RN65:

radian008.jpg

4-17-11020-1.jpg

There's only an inch, inch & a half or so more room in the RN.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
No prob! Let me know if you want some better pics or torso measurements... the MyRide is at my parent's house, but the Radian is his primary seat so I can definitely take pics at a different angle if it helps you decide at all!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC