Rather then misuse, I have a gooduse story! :)

luckyclov

As I was loading my crew into the van this morning after DS2's OT session, I noticed another mom, parked next to us, also loading her crew into their van.

Both her girls were RF'ing. The older girl, I thought, was probably 3 1/2-ish, purely assumed by her small size. I asked her how old her daughter was (the older one, who she was buckling in), trying to make conversation (because I'm lame like that:p). Her response? Five and a half! I was thrilled!:D We chatted for a bit about RF'ing, carseats, and the overwhelming amount of misuse we see locally.

Totally made my day.

ADS

AtownMom

That's awesome! I sometimes take for granted just how many ERFers I know locally. Just met another one the other week.

luckyclov

Her DD was riding in a TFP. She still had height room to grow (RF), but she's inching up on the low RF weight limit, so she (mom) knows that FF, atleast in that seat, is right around the corner.

We talked briefly about the Radian and she said she was hesitent due to the SL issues (I was shocked she was aware). I said that I still comfortably used a RN, but just used the seatbelt to install (and that there's also vehicle incompatibilities involved). She mentioned something about the seatbelts in her van not locking the right way (not switchable retractors/ALR, maybe?), which made seatbelt installs almost impossible. I *think* her vehicle was an Oldsmobile minivan...which, I have zero knowledge with.

Hopefully I'll see her again next week and we can chat some more. :D

luckyclov

Nice!:D I wonder if she is a member here?
I wondered that myself, too, for a minute. But she didn't say anything about my c-s.org license plate frame (assuming she saw it). She said she's friends with a tech and that's where she found about the Radian SL issues.

Kat_Momof3

she might just be a member on another carseat board... or a group... or GASP! she hat the fortitude to do RESEARCH... and READ the manuals and all the information she found.

KaiLing

I wondered that myself, too, for a minute. But she didn't say anything about my c-s.org license plate frame (assuming she saw it). She said she's friends with a tech and that's where she found about the Radian SL issues.

She's not just friends with a tech, she's friends with a Super On Top Of It Tech! My tech class this week has spent more time than I'd like mocking Radian owners. "Monster Seats," "Ridiculously Expensive," "Monster LATCH claw" have all been used derisively. Not that they're exactly untrue, but... I, of course, have not yet admitted to owning one. Nor do I complain when they say over and over that rear facing is recommended "up to" the age of 2. I just keep my head down and know that they'll change the curriculum eventually.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC