3 across Windstar (2000 or 2001)

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
So I found out yesterday that a cousin has moved her 8yo to the center of her Windstar in the lap only, no booster. Here's kids & seats:

8yo backless turbo (barely turned 8)
6yo hb BK (I think she's still got the back on)
4yo hb BK
3yo Cosco Highback harness
Noob Baby Trend infant seat

So she has the 8yo, 6yo, and 3yo in the back but the 3 seats do not fit so she put the 8yo in nothing and in the center. I told her at the very least, he needs to move to the side.

She's coming over today or tomorrow. Do you think I can fit a Harmony Literider, Cosco, BK? If not, would it be better to leave 8yo in nothing but on the side or to put the 6yo in a backless too? I'm certain I can fit 2 Literiders & the Cosco (I fit 2 Literiders & a Nautilus in my Caravan).

I'll give her one of my Literiders. I know she is NOT open to buying seats but I think I can get her to buy another Literider if she needs to.

Anything else? Other options?

ADS

mommycat

Any chance she would put the noob in the rear centre? It's a narrow seat I think and snapping into the base means she doesn't need to tighten a RF harness in the 3rd row.

Does the 6yo still sleep in the car? If it's not likely, then a backless would probably be ok. Leaving the 8yo boosterless would totally depend on whether or not they can 5step without the booster. If yes, and the 6yo does better in the HB, I'd do that. If not, then you need to make the boosters fit. You might be able to use the TB backless and a Harmony backless (to replace the BK). Good luck finding something that works.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Okay, we put the baby in the center rear. There is enough room to load over the top of the front seat. Then we put the BK hb on one side & the Harmony on the other. The other BK hb & Cosco highback are on the middle bench. I hope she'll keep it this way so the 8yo can be in a booster. I told her if she hates it and wants to switch back, to at least put the 8yo on the side so he won't smash his head into the seat in front if they crash.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC