I messed up my RN boot!

monstah

I remember a couple threads about people breaking their RF Radian boots and thinking to myself that it was odd and the "installer" must not have been paying any attention. That it seemed impossible.... :whistle:

Last edited:
ADS

monstah

I'm really not worried about it. I plan on replacing it but have no qualms about using it in the meantime.

Right? :p

*In my defense, the RN was being jammed into a super tight 3 across.*

monstah

That's from an install! I thought you ran over it with your car! lol.

:ROTFLMAO: That thinner, top part of the boot got stuck on top of the LATCH bar, separating it. It's really not that strong so I think it bent back pretty easily. Then I braced it with the front passenger seat so I doubt that helped. :eek: I believe the stress mark on the side is from a MA LATCH bar.

:sigh: I hate three across.

I have put that seat in that position a million times and should have known better when I started thinking to myself "Wow, this is in there tight. It's usually such a pain. Something seems different...."

Baylor

Man... Good job! If you have to mess it up, you might as well go all the way! What else were you installing on that row?

MOM25BOYS

Yikes! :eek: Yep, the LATCH bars in my Ford damaged one of my RN boots a couple of years ago. :thumbsdown: Mine didn't crack open as bad as yours, but given time I sure it would have. I didn't bother to call SKJP since mine was well past the warranty and besides I had already found a replacement here in Swap that was new in the package.

Belle's Mamma

I think I have you beat :p These are the pics I sent to Russ over at SKJP

006.jpg

005.jpg

FWIW, Russ said that the boot was fine since it is only a positioning device. That said, I still went ahead and asked for replacement boot (which he did end up giving me). I just felt more comfortable with the new boot.

I think that I caused the crack by repeatedly installing it too tightly (I'm kind of manic about installs that don't move even a hair even though 1" is perfectly acceptable).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC