Need advice from anti immunization mommies!!

Jordynsmama

My dd is up for her 5 yr/K boosters and I have always gotten them. Now I realize the dangers and completely believe that they probably cause autism, auto immune diseases, ect....My sister got a horrible fever and reaction after her second set at about 6 months and she also got a weird bump on her thigh at the injection sight that was there for 10 yrs that is now a dent... and she was diagnosed with Juvenile ruematoid arthritis at 15 and she also has hashimotos disease. I was just reading about Holly Robinson Peete and how her son developed the symptoms of autism after his boosters at age 2.
...... but at a certain point do u have to worry? Is she past the age where it matters now or is the risk still as high for her to develop something like autism? I dont know what to do! What if I dont get them and she gets some horrible thing like polio or rubella. And in Ca with all the immigration I am a little worried. Please let me know your thoughts and advice.
Thanks.

ADS

Leila

I'm one of those who believes that the preservative in some vaccines (thimerosal--an organmercury compound) can cause autism. IMO, there's no other explanation for why my thriving 15 month old went from having a 100 word vocabulary to nothing just two weeks after his MMR shot. He is amongst the last to receive MMR containing thimerosal. His official diagnosis is Asperger's Syndrome.

Anyway, at your daughter's age, there's less to worry about. If she needs multiple boosters, I'd see if you can get them done in a staggered dosage. Meaning, do one in June, one in July, etc...to give her body time to react and respond to the vaccines. IMO, there's no reason to shoot up our kids with so many things all at once, yk?

That said, I firmly believe vaccinations are for the greater good, so long as they're done in a responsible manner. My younger son has never had the HepB vaccine (he's 4½--and the one I mentioned above) because his chances of contracting it are about 1 in a trillion. If his risk were to go up to 1 in 1000, I'd get him that vax in a heartbeat.

I hope that helps you some, and I hope some others chime in with their opinions too!

hsjwmom

I'm glad you posted this, because dd2 is scheduled for her 5 yr next week and I'm guessing is due for some shots :(

skaterbabs

I would really suggest reading "What Your Child's Doctor May Not Tell You ABout Vaccinations" by Dr Stephanie Cave. A little outdated, but a very balanced look at the vaccine issue with a cautious suggested schedule should you choose to vaccinate.

mommy2env

I am a little cofused, what if a parent decides not to vaccinate a child, what about when its time to go to school? arent they a requirement? how can you get around the system? other than home schooling.

scatterbunny

Nessa, there are ways to get around it--religious exemption, for example.

An unvaccinated child (or a child on a vaccination schedule different than that recommended by the mainstream medical establishment) won't be a risk to other kids in school--those kids have been vaccinated against disease, right? :p

Hayley's up-to-date and on-schedule with her vaccines, but I am seriously reconsidering getting booster shots. I haven't decided yet. I just don't think so many vaccines are truly necessary. They scare me.

shirada

It is possible to sign a waiver in California. There are different laws in different states. Basically, there are 3 exemptions and different states recognize 1, 2 or all 3 of them. 1. Religious; 2. Medical 3.............. It's amazing , that I cannot remember what this one is called espeically since it is the best and the one that is used in California most of the time. Hopefuly someone can fill in or I will recall it later!

mommy2env

thanks for the info. my dd1 is also up to date, I was thinking about not doing it with dd2 but I chose to do it after all. I do limit the amout she gets in one visit. max is two, I do it not because of the side effects (never really tought about it :( ) but because I hate seeing her cry :( I would like to know more about all those side effects (possible) so please keep posting :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Well, I'm a big believer in not making fear-based decisions, so I think you need to look beyond the fear of autism vs. the fear of polio and look at each vaccine individually. Start with finding out what shots your dd is due for at the visit.

This is the CDC's immunization schedule for 2007:
http://www.cdc.gov/Nip/recs/child-schedule-image-0-6-ppt.jpg
6fyuykx.jpg

It looks like she's due for a MMR booster, varicella booster, IPV and also a DTaP. Possibly hep B depending on if she's completed the series or not. (varicella has just recently had a booster dose added to it because of the high failure rate after a few years from the first dose.)

Some dr.'s do have a slightly modified schedule they use though, so I'd call your dd's dr. office and ask what vaccines they normally give at a 5yr check-up so that you can start researching those specific vaccines.

MMR is the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine. There is a lot of misinformation regarding the MMR vaccine - mainly that there was thimerosol in it and it was then removed. The MMR vaccine has never contained thimerosol because it is an active virus vaccine. Thimerosol is used as a preservative and it would've inactivated the viruses. I don't dispute that in some kids the MMR is the trigger to autism, I just don't necessarily think that the trigger is thimerosol - it could be any number of things - including the viruses themselves.

MMR is a shot many decline on the basis of it being against religious beliefs because the rubella portion is grown in human diploid cells. Human diploid cells are cells from an aborted fetus. So all MMR vaccines contain aborted cells from an aborted fetus.

On the subject of rubella, this disease is only a risk to pregnant women IF they haven't had rubella or aren't immune to it. If a pregnant woman gets rubella, sometimes their fetus can get congenital rubella syndrome. This risk to the unborn baby is the reason why all kids are vaccinated against rubella. Rubella itself is not a dangerous disease. It's also worth noting that not all pregnant women who get rubella will deliver babies with congenital rubella syndrome, and there are also nutritional things a pregnant woman can do should she be exposed to rubella. The fetal cell line used to propogate the rubella virus was obtained from abortions that were done specifically because the woman had been infected with rubella. They did a number of abortions before finding a baby that was actually infected with the rubella virus.

Varicella - aka chicken pox. I guess the most important thing to know about this vaccine is that it does not prevent shingles because it introduces the virus into your body. This is also a live virus vaccine. Booster shots are now recommended because they found the vaccine was losing it's effectiveness over the years following the original dose. As a result, instead of getting chicken pox in childhood when it's a relatively benign disease, the disease was shifting to teenagers and opening up the door for young adults to be susceptible to the virus. Chicken pox is more serious and complications are more common as you get older. So they've recommended a booster. It's not unlikely to think that in 5 yrs time they may be recommending a booster every 5 years similar to the way that they recommend all adults get boosters for tetanus, diptheria and pertussis.

~~~~~~~~~

Being that you're in California, you have a lot of options when it comes to vaccinations. California has medical, religious and philisophical exemptions available, so kids can go to public school without any vaccines providing an exemption is completed. Also, if you do decide to vaccinate, the actual required number of doses for school of any given vaccine varies from state to state. For example, some states only require one dose of MMR. 95% of those vaccinated with MMR develop antibodies after the first dose. The booster shot is given to try and sero-convert the remaining 5% of those who don't respond to the first dose.

Different states also have varying requirements on polio.

~~~~~~~~

Hep B is a disease transmitted the same way as AIDS. For this reason, it's just not a disease that kids get on a regular basis.

~~~~~~~

My advice is to find out the specific vaccines that your dd is due for, research the ingredients in each vaccine, side effects, known reactions and then research each disease. Research what the typical course of the disease is - fever? Rash? Potential complications? Worst case scenario? And then with both the risks of the disease and the risks of the vaccine in hand, decide which set of risks you're more comfortable with.

There are risks with vaccinating, and there are risks to not vaccinating - it's a matter of which set of risks are you more comfortable living with. Most diseases can be treated, many vaccine reactions can't be resolved.

For us, we've decided that we'd rather our kids get any of the diseases that they could be vaccinated for, rather than risk a reaction. My dd did have a reaction to one of her shots, and it scared the living heck out of me. My comfort zone is that I'd rather support her immune system to do what it was designed to do, and not interfere with it and risk more reactions by continuing to vaccinate her. Ds has never had a vaccine and is not going to have any.

Honestly, this is a hot button topic, so be prepared for some pretty opinionated replies. :whistle:

It's impossible to find unbiased information when it comes to vaccines. What it comes down to for me in the end is doing what I'm more comfortable with. I won't tell you what decision to make, but I will say to follow your heart. Don't vaccinate out of fear - and don't refuse vaccinations out of fear either. If you need to, delay this current set of vaccines until you can do enough research to make a decision you're comfortable with. You can always go back the week after to get the shots done, once the shot is given, there's no way to undo it. :twocents:

snowbird25ca

The 3 types of exemptions are

- medical
- religious
- philisophical.

All except for 2 states allow for either medical or religious exemptions, many of the others also allow philisophical exemptions. I believe it is Mississippi and West Virgina that only allow medical exemptions. In some states you have to jump through more hoops than in others - some states you simply sign a form saying you're opposed to vaccines for religious or philisophical reasons - others you need to write a letter and have it notarized and submit it.

Jordynsmama

Snowbird thank you for taking the time to give me so much info and everyone else for your thoughts. It is so hard when their are two negative factors/outcomes. Ugh. But I will ask her dr. exactly what she needs, how much of each, how they can be modified, if they can be drawn out over a period of time, the possible worst case scenario's with contracting any of the diseases and her probability of contracting them and research all the ingredients.
However I do know that for the future I will not vaccinate a baby based on what I know regarding reactions.
Thanks!

snowbird25ca

Some of the risks quoted directly from the manufacturers inserts included with each dose of vaccine. ** It is your right to be able to request the insert from your dr. and read it before consenting to the vaccine.

MMR (Merck) http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/m/mmr_ii/mmr_ii_pi.pdf
ADVERSE REACTIONS:
The following adverse reactions are listed in decreasing order of severity, without regard to causality, within each body system category and have been reported during clinical trials, with use of the marketed vaccine, or with use of monovalent or bivalent vaccine containing measles, mumps, or rubella:

Body as a Whole:
Panniculitis; atypical measles; fever; syncope; headache; dizziness; malaise; irritability.

Cardiovascular System:
Vasculitis.

Digestive System:
Pancreatitis; diarrhea; vomiting; parotitis; nausea.

Endocrine System:
Diabetes mellitus.

Hemic and Lymphatic System:
Thrombocytopenia (see WARNINGS, Thrombocytopenia); purpura; regional lymphadenopathy; leukocytosis.

Immune System:
Anaphylaxis and anaphylactoid reactions have been reported as well as related phenomena such as angioneurotic edema (including peripheral or facial edema) and bronchial spasm in individuals with or without an allergic history.

Musculoskeletal System:
Arthritis; arthralgia; myalgia. Arthralgia and/or arthritis (usually transient and rarely chronic), and polyneuritis are features of infection with wild-type rubella and vary in frequency and severity with age and sex, being greatest in
adult females and least in prepubertal children. This type of involvement as well as myalgia and paresthesia, have also been reported following administration of MERUVAX II. Chronic arthritis has been associated with wild-type rubella infection and has been related to persistent virus and/or viral antigen isolated from body tissues. Only rarely have vaccine recipients
developed chronic joint symptoms. Following vaccination in children, reactions in joints are uncommon and generally of brief duration. In
women, incidence rates for arthritis and arthralgia are generally higher than those seen in children (children: 0-3%; women: 12-26%),17,52,53 and the reactions tend to be more marked and of longer duration. Symptoms may persist for a matter of months or on rare occasions for years. In adolescent
girls, the reactions appear to be intermediate in incidence between those seen in children and in adult women. Even in women older than 35 years, these reactions are generally well tolerated and rarely interfere with normal activities.

Nervous System:
Encephalitis; encephalopathy; measles inclusion body encephalitis (MIBE) (see
CONTRAINDICATIONS); subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE); Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS); febrile convulsions; afebrile convulsions or seizures; ataxia; polyneuritis; polyneuropathy; ocular palsies; paresthesia.

Experience from more than 80 million doses of all live measles vaccines given in the U.S. through 1975 indicates that significant central nervous system reactions such as encephalitis and encephalopathy, occurring within 30 days after vaccination, have been temporally associated with measles vaccine very rarely.54 In no case has it been shown that reactions were actually caused by vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has pointed out that "a certain number of cases of encephalitis may be expected to occur in a large childhood population in a defined period of time even when no vaccines are administered". However, the data suggest the possibility that some of these cases may have been caused by measles vaccines. The risk of such serious neurological disorders following live measles virus vaccine administration remains far less than that for encephalitis and encephalopathy
with wild-type measles (one per two thousand reported cases).
Post-marketing surveillance of the more than 200 million doses of M-M-R and M-M-R II that have been distributed worldwide over 25 years (1971 to 1996) indicates that serious adverse events such as encephalitis and encephalopathy continue to be rarely reported.17 There have been reports of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) in children who did not have
a history of infection with wild-type measles but did receive measles vaccine. Some of these cases may have resulted from unrecognized measles in the first year of life or possibly from the measles vaccination. Based on estimated nationwide measles vaccine distribution, the association of SSPE cases to measles vaccination is about one case per million vaccine doses distributed. This is far less than the association with infection with wild-type measles, 6-22 cases of SSPE per million cases of measles. The results of a retrospective case-controlled study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest that the overall effect of measles vaccine has been to protect against SSPE by preventing measles with its inherent higher risk of SSPE.55

Cases of aseptic meningitis have been reported to VAERS following measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination. Although a causal relationship between the Urabe strain of mumps vaccine and aseptic meningitis has been shown, there is no evidence to link Jeryl Lynn™ mumps vaccine to aseptic meningitis.

Respiratory System:
Pneumonia, pneumonitis (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); sore throat; cough; rhinitis.

Skin:
Stevens-Johnson syndrome; erythema multiforme; urticaria; rash; measles-like rash; pruritis.
Local reactions including burning/stinging at injection site; wheal and flare; redness (erythema); swelling; induration; tenderness; vesiculation at injection site.

Special Senses — Ear

Nerve deafness; otitis media.

Special Senses — Eye
Retinitis; optic neuritis; papillitis; retrobulbar neuritis; conjunctivitis.

Urogenital System
Orchitis.

Other
Death from various, and in some cases unknown, causes has been reported rarely following vaccination with measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines; however, a causal relationship has not been established in healthy individuals (see CONTRAINDICATIONS). No deaths or permanent sequelae were reported in a published post-marketing surveillance study in Finland involving 1.5 million children and adults who were vaccinated with M-M-R II during 1982 to 1993.56
Under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, health-care providers and manufacturers are required to record and report certain suspected adverse events occurring within specific time periods after vaccination. However, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has established a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which will accept all reports of suspected events.47
A VAERS report form as well as information regarding reporting requirements can be obtained by calling VAERS 1-800-822-7967.

I won't quote any of the other ones, but here are links to the package inserts:

Hep B: http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/r/recombivax_hb/recombivax_pi.pdf

Varicella: (chicken pox)
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/r/recombivax_hb/recombivax_pi.pdf

Pediarix: (DTaP/Hep B/ IPV)
http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_pediarix.pdf

Pneumococcal: (prevnar is the pediatric one, pneumovax is for older adults)
ttp://www.wyeth.com/content/ShowLabeling.asp?id=134 (Prevnar vaccine package insert: by Wyeth) (http://www.prevnar.com/)
http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/pneumovax_23/pneumovax_pi.pdf (Pneumovax vaccine package insert: by Merck)

Infanrix: (DTaP)
http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_infanrix.pdf

IPV (inactivated polio virus)
ttp://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_pediarix.pdf (PEDIARIZ vaccine package insert: by GSK)

There's a start anyways... many vaccines are made by multiple manufacturers. You may also be interested in looking at the vaccine adverse event reporting system:

http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.html

Here you can search by vaccine type and read what reactions have been reported. What is important to remember about this database is that not all reported reactions are definitely caused by any given vaccine. Any illness, condition or reaction which might've been caused by a vaccine is supposed to be reported so that they can be reviewed. It is worth noting that it's estimated only 10% of all reactions are reported. While anyone can report for themselves or their children, over 90% of reports come from healthcare providers.

littleangelfire

Hi there! I did some research a few months back on the same thing, b/c the moms at my church were all refusing to vaccinate their children b/c of the Thimerosal believed to cause Autism and other things. Apparently, its been used since the 1930s and was pretty safe, until our kids started getting more and more of it b/c of more and more vaccinations.

But here's why I completely don't understand why its even an issue:
"As of May, 2000, it is possible to get the entire course of childhood vaccines without thimerosal, since some manufacturers have developed thimerosal-free vaccines. " Ask your doc about it, most offices are now automatically carrying the thimerosal-free ones, but if they're not they can get them or you can vaccinate your kids somewhere that does have them. To me, why not be better safe than sorry from both ends? My son has had all his vacinations, and he's still safe. And, some of these vaccines that are touted as being dangerous (like MMR, chicken pox, polio and a few others) never had Thimerosal in them in the first place, apparently. It would be horrible, horrible to have a perfectly functioning child and then be diagnosed with autism. However, most of those diseases (except chicken pox, lol) are horrible, and they could die from it. In some places in Europe where parents refused to get the MMR after the thimerosal misinformation they are now having Measels and mumps breakouts. The risk isn't worth it. You never know where the people you run into every day have been and what they've been exposed to and are now exposing your child to, and Iw ouldn't want my child to be a danger to anyone else, either. Anyways, that's my 2cents, and that opinion doesn't matter too much. The important part is you CAN get your childs entire schedule of vaccinations and completely avoid Thimerosal. Ask your ped.

http://www.healing-arts.org/children/vaccines/vaccines-mercury.htm
http://www.medicalconsumers.org/pages/MercuryinChildhoodVaccination.html
http://www.cispimmunize.org/fam/facts/FAQ-Vaccine Safety2.pdf

CRS

Senior Community Member
see if you can get them done in a staggered dosage. Meaning, do one in June, one in July, etc...to give her body time to react and respond to the vaccines. IMO, there's no reason to shoot up our kids with so many things all at once, yk?

:yeahthat: ITA! I tend to delay my childrens vaccinations if I can help it and stagger them out a little. Definitely a good idea to spread them out. I too, am a bit uneasy at doing too much at the once.

littleangelfire

Staggering might really be good if for nothing else for comfort. My sister (she's 8 now) had to have 5 shots at her 5 year check up!! My mom said just last night how she wished the doc would've said how many shots she'd be getting before hand and she would've said to hold off on a couple for a few months.

snowbird25ca

Snowbird thank you for taking the time to give me so much info and everyone else for your thoughts. It is so hard when their are two negative factors/outcomes. Ugh. But I will ask her dr. exactly what she needs, how much of each, how they can be modified, if they can be drawn out over a period of time, the possible worst case scenario's with contracting any of the diseases and her probability of contracting them and research all the ingredients.
However I do know that for the future I will not vaccinate a baby based on what I know regarding reactions.
Thanks!

I can help with some of your questions. :)

The amount injected of an individual vaccine can't be changed. What can be changed is if you follow the recommended intervals and if you do all recommended vaccines at the same visit or if you space them out.

In all honesty, the best source of information is for you to develop a plan and bring it to your dr. Dr.'s are for the most part taught that vaccines are all good and to follow the CDC's schedule and some of them don't take well to being challenged. Some of them will employ scare tactics and outright make false statements to try and get parents to vaccinate at a visit.

I guess what I would say about not vaccinating a baby, is that if you wouldn't vaccinate a baby, why vaccinate your dd? She is less at risk for potential complications and has a stronger immune system than a newborn. Most babies have some immunity transferred through the placenta prior to birth, so they don't get any of the big diseases during the first 6 mos to 1 yr of life, although there are exceptions... Usually if they do get it, it's a milder case.

Something to remember is that the minimum required by each state for school entry is not the same as the CDC's full schedule. Your dr. may or may not be up to date on the minimums required for school entry and may just tell you all the vaxes on the schedule are mandatory for school entry.

Here's an interesting thread about some of the fear mongering that dr.'s have been known to employ to scare parents into vaccinating their kids. These are actually real life anecdotes.. amazing some of the things that parents were actually told. :eek: (You should be able to read without registering)

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=446739&highlight=scare+mongering

snowbird25ca

But here's why I completely don't understand why its even an issue:
"As of May, 2000, it is possible to get the entire course of childhood vaccines without thimerosal, since some manufacturers have developed thimerosal-free vaccines. " Ask your doc about it, most offices are now automatically carrying the thimerosal-free ones, but if they're not they can get them or you can vaccinate your kids somewhere that does have them. To me, why not be better safe than sorry from both ends? My son has had all his vacinations, and he's still safe. And, some of these vaccines that are touted as being dangerous (like MMR, chicken pox, polio and a few others) never had Thimerosal in them in the first place, apparently. It would be horrible, horrible to have a perfectly functioning child and then be diagnosed with autism. However, most of those diseases (except chicken pox, lol) are horrible, and they could die from it. In some places in Europe where parents refused to get the MMR after the thimerosal misinformation they are now having Measels and mumps breakouts. The risk isn't worth it. You never know where the people you run into every day have been and what they've been exposed to and are now exposing your child to, and Iw ouldn't want my child to be a danger to anyone else, either. Anyways, that's my 2cents, and that opinion doesn't matter too much. The important part is you CAN get your childs entire schedule of vaccinations and completely avoid Thimerosal. Ask your ped.

http://www.healing-arts.org/children/vaccines/vaccines-mercury.htm
http://www.medicalconsumers.org/pages/MercuryinChildhoodVaccination.html
http://www.cispimmunize.org/fam/facts/FAQ-Vaccine Safety2.pdf

The caveat to the thimerosol removal is that all the vaccines which previously contained thimerosol, still contain trace amounts. What has changed, is that instead of being shipped with the full amount and in multi-dose vials, the thimerosol is being removed prior to packaging so that only trace amounts remain. If you read the package inserts, you will see that it says each dose contains x,y z.. prepared in a solution containing thimerosol... although removed prior to packaging, each dose still contains trace amounts.

Interestingly enough, independent testing has found a large variance in how much thimerosol remains in these "thimerosol free" vaccines. Some it's practically undetectable, others it's the full amount despite being considered thimerosol free. There's a specific number - I believe it's 4mcg, and as long as there is less than that in the packaged vaccine, it is considered thimerosol free. Of importance to note is that not all vaccines have thimerosol used in the production process.

But the decision to vaccinate is more complex than thimerosol.. from a strictly ingredient standpoint there is formaldehyde and aluminium in them just to name a couple. Choose a few inserts to read the ingredients of and you might be surprised... if you gave your kid a drink with the amount of formaldehyde and aluminum contained in one vaccine, you'd be accused of child abuse.. but yet it's somehow ok to inject it directly into the body.

snowbird25ca

Oh, and just for fun, see if you can find your own childhood immunization record. You'd be surprised to see how many more doses and how many new vaccines our kids today are getting. I was born in 76 and standard vaccines were DTP, polio and MMR. That's it.

Now kids get Hep B, chicken pox, MMR, HiB, pneumococcal, DTaP, Rotavirus, HPV, Hep A, menactra, and who knows - maybe I'm missing something off the top of my head...

littleangelfire

I read the thing about trace amounts, rather like the whole trans fat thing - they're allowed to say "0 trans fats" even if there is a little bit as long as its below some set number. Zero really oughta mean zero. And there's lots of yucky stuff in many products we use every day. I've eliminated the yuck where I could - like using vinegar in the carpet steam cleaner instead of chemical carpet cleaner. Using plain old soap and warm water to clean, stuff like that. But the makeup I put on my face every day has formaldehyde in it, I believe, otherwise it wouldn'tbe able to sit on a shelf very long and I'd have to replace it every time I took the lid off. It would be nice if we didn't have to subject ourselves and our kids to scary sounding chemicals, but sometimes the need trumps the risk, IMO. I use deoderant/antiperspirant every day that aluminum in it (and a pretty high amount, too, its clinical strength.) because otherwise I sweat through my shirts. EEWW TMI, sorry. :) There's some funny sounding chemicals in my son's toothpaste, for pete's sake! LOL So I try and remove risk where I can so that where I can't, its not an issue. Immunizations just weren't an issue for discussion to me, it was too big a risk to take. I considered him not getting a flu shot, and forgoing the chicken pox, cuz, come on, no biggie, right? But he did get them after all. Since he was a preemie, he still gets hit hard anytime he gets sick, which means chicken pox and the flu coul potentially be life threatening to him possibly. I couldn't bear that thought. Or that he'd run into a foreign exchange student or something and catch something.

bbartlettnfld

My Father was a pediatrician when he first started out, he still stays on top of childhood illnesses. When DD was born he had a strong belief in Vaccinations, so up till now DD has had basically everything even Twin Rix for hep A and B. We had her well immunized because we moved overseas when diseases that are very rare in North America are more common here. I have no problem vaccinating her because I do believe that its for the good of all, if it wern't for vaccines people would still be suffering from Small pox.
BethAnn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC