So how many people on the board DON'T have children

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Ok, here's a strange question...
How many people on this board DON'T have children or grandchildren?
I love looking at everyone's signatures with pictures of their kids. Problem is: I can't figure out what to put in my signature since I don't have kids.
I kind of feel like an outlier :(
Why is it that the grass is always greener on the other side?

ADS

broken4u05

No kids of my own at least. And none any time soon because i do not have a bf or anything else. I am a nanny to twins 18 months and a godmother to 4 in nov ages 4, 3, 17 months and than the baby is due in nov. I have a photo of the seats i have in my car.

Auntie2Avi

No kids here, and no husband prospect at the moment so no kids in the upcoming months for me. I have a picture of Avi in my siggie and my Avatar, and i am planning on getting a better carseat pic to show how tall he is and how he fits in his MA and DC.

cpsaddict

None here either! I just put a pic of me and my boyfriend. I am working on putting a picture of my pretty pink RA as my siggy!

flipper68

Senior Community Member
No kids, no sig (haven't spent the time to learn how/do it).

I "reverse rent" my children and am a baby freak (I remember being fascinated by babies when I was a baby):

• 7 nieces and nephews under 10 (8 by September).
  • teacher for 10 years
  • respite (childcare for kids with disabilities) for 5 + 4 sibs
  • sometimes "nanny" for 3 yr. old twin girls

BUT - I am a tech with 5 years experience and I have taken the "Safe Travel for All Children" course. [Which is being offered this summer in Omaha - check out the NE Safe Kids Website.]

babychild taxi

HI,

I don't have kids either. I seem kind of like member "Broken 4u05" with a godson (now 14), cousin's kids and my "adopted auntie" duties to many children-some with special needs. In my professional work I am a Child Development Consultant.

It's nice to be recognized by this board, even though some of us do not have children of our own.

I drive a Toyota Echo and can fit 3 seats across-tight though!

K.

soygurl

I don't have kids either. I'm just a 21 year old, single, baby nut. :p
Not to mention a car seat fanatic! :eek:

broken4u05

I don't have kids either. I'm just a 21 year old, single, baby nut. :p
Not to mention a car seat fanatic! :eek:

Sounds like me but 20.. and i have soo many babies around me. I love them all. I have changed so much i used to know nothing.

I drive a Toyota Echo and can fit 3 seats across-tight though!

I have to fit 3 across too but i think i am getting something bigger soon

PHaley

None of my own yet but...

I'm very involved with my Goddaughter and her mother is being induced at 6am 6/1/07 so I'll have a new goddaughter in a few hours :) their mother always tells me (and my mother co-signs) I'm not normal b/c of how in to babies/children I am.:D

I have 3 other godchildren also.:cool:

I am nanny or "Mommy mom mommy...ooops I mean Ms.Porschia" to a sibling group of four 6/7 days a week! And I'm adding a sibling group of two with a new one due this fall, they'll start later this month:eek:

I also have cousins nephews nieces and many many more kiddos who adopt me everyday.

No real potential husband here either :( so I guess I'll have to continue to play mom for a while:confused:

I have 3 strollers and 3 carseats at the moment but my collection is always growing and changing.;)

I want to become a tech this summer.:thumbsup:

I want 6 via natural birth and to adopt, one day:love:

WHEW you asked lol :whistle:

LuvBug

I'm very involved with my Goddaughter and her mother is being induced at 6am 6/1/07 so I'll have a new goddaughter in a few hours :) their mother always tells me (and my mother co-signs) I'm not normal b/c of how in to babies/children I am.:D

congrats!!! ~easy labor vibes~ let us know when she arrives!

one question though, why is it that when people find out who is childless on these sorts of forums they get treated differently to those who do?

I don't think it happens all the time, or to everyone, but it does seem to happen.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
:confused: Not that I've noticed. All it really takes to fit in around here is a common interest in improving child passenger safety and/or vehicle safety, and wanting to learn more and helping others to learn more about those issues. :) It shouldn't matter if you have no kids of your own or you're the Duggar family with 16+ kids really. :twocents: :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC