Holy Moly!

Suzibeck

We had come home from getting dd's hair cut and my girls wanted to play with all the neighbor kids out in the neighbor's yard. I told them to come inside first so I could read to them for a bit. After reading I stand up and look out and there is an ambulance and a EMT fire truck out front. I immediately fear one of the neighbor kids got hurt bad, then I see our light pole flattened. OK, nothing the kids would do could flatten our light pole.

We live on a quiet street, just one block long, off a fairly busy 4 lane road. Apparently, this woman was driving erratically down the busier road, stopping traffic. She then turned onto our street and stopped before starting up again and driving in circles, through our front yard, taking out our light pole. I am so thankful that my kids were not out there! We often play in the front yard and the kids love to swing on the light pole. :eek:

My neighbor was outside and started running toward the truck, yelling for the woman to stop and turn the truck off. She appeared to be only half conscious, but responded enough to stop and turn it off. Then she passed out cold. She had a baby in the back seat, he was maybe a year and a half and had been in a seat. Someone had pulled him out before I saw him and he was sitting on the grass with a couple of neighbor ladies. I didn't look to see if the seat was installed properly, but there was a ffing 5 pt harness seat in there.

The police gave us the report # so we can get a copy in a few days. We don't know why she passed out. The police picked up her fiance and brought him here to get the baby. Then one of the firemen drove him and the baby, following the ambulance, to the hospital because he was so shook up.

I'm just so thankful no one was hurt! At least 6 neighbor kids were playing in the next yard when this happened. She also could have hit someone head on on the busier road. This could have been tragic in so many ways. I'm also glad dh had not parked in the front yard or his new (to him) Jetta would have been crunched. He beat me home and usually parks out front when that happens, but for some reason today he pulled in the garage.

We don't know if she had insurance, no proof of it anyway. I'll be surprised if she does have it. The truck was an old beater.

ADS

JaRylan

OMG! So glad that no one is hurt, unbelievable that she didn't hit something more than your light pole.

MySillyKids

This is a case of 'everything happens for a reason'. There was a reason you kept your kids inside to read to them!! YAY!

However how sad for her, her DF and her baby :(

Wow, what a series of happy coincidences for your family today! And while this woman was in the wreck, which isn't great, she had some serious luck/fate/angels on her side too! No one hurt?!? :dizzy: Amazing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC