Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Radian RF in the Ody... good fit!

I didn't want to take Leah out of her Safeseat1...waaah, my baaaaaybeeeee...... but decided since I had to reinstall something today for her, I might as well go with the Radian... it fits great behind the driver's seat, using LATCH, top tethered to the anchor under the seat that's supposed to be for FF (nothing in the manual indicated that was a no-no... so.... it works fine, lol). Leah's got so much room in it! She's low to the ground and easier to load into it than the infant seat or Roundabout, she loves all the open space and that she can dangle her legs out the sides... it's not too reclined...and I can still fit my Britax Verve stroller behind her seatback in the footwell... it's not the most practical stroller, but it's good for little errands and how nice for it to fit in the car next to the kid so I don't have to open the trunk to get at it.

I wouldn't call the install 'easy' or 'rock solid' (Man, I DO hate single LATCH straps...so much harder to tighten than a nice Britax double strap...), but it's acceptable and 'not too hard', lol. I'll post pictures later (16 months now...wow...)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian RF in the Ody... good fit!

Can't wait to see pics! I would love to use our Radian RF but my backseat slopes waaaay too bad.

Glad you got a good fit!
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Re: Radian RF in the Ody... good fit!

Quote Originally Posted by djma View Post
    Can't wait to see pics! I would love to use our Radian RF but my backseat slopes waaaay too bad.

Glad you got a good fit!
    Does the slope make for a not so tight install, or are you worried about the recline angle? Just asking because our back seats have quite the angle, but I can get a great install of the radian rf'ing outboard. It did make it more upright, but that's ok with an older baby.

Jools - Glad to hear it fits and that she likes the new seat. So, is it there to stay and she'll be riding in it from now on?
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.