Guess what I just bought!!!!!!!!!!

lovinwaves

I just bought my first Cloth Diapers!!! I have always used Disposables! DD just turned 3 and DS is 20mths. So, we'll see how it goes .... :thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone who has helped me. Including all of the wonderful posts from you Cloth-Diapering Fanatic Mommies!

DH, is incredibly happy and excited about this. My first order cost $140!

I bought 2 "One-Size Bum Genius's" (waiting on more colors to come in)
and 6 of the Fuzzi Bunz "Pocket"

:thanx!:

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yippee! Hopefully this will speed up your potty training :thumbsup: You'll have to let us know how you like them! Good that your DH is in on it too :thumbsup:

$140 isn't that bad; it is roughly 3months worth of disposables for 1 child!?

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
woo hoo..!

my dh is like "i cant figure all there different things out! cant we just use one type!" :love: lol hell get the hang of it :rolleyes: all i use are pockets, fittted and prefolds :p

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
YAY - now try not to get addicted. :whistle:

Glad your dh is excited too.. mine was all "we'll see how long this lasts" :rolleyes: After the first few months it turned into - how many diapers do we really need. :ROTFLMAO:

woo hoo..!

my dh is like "i cant figure all there different things out! cant we just use one type!" :love: lol hell get the hang of it :rolleyes: all i use are pockets, fittted and prefolds :p

HAHA, that was my dh too. He just started using all the fb's and we eventually moved to all pockets for quite awhile. Then I got tired of stuffing and we moved to AIO's for day and pockets for naps and night. And just when he was starting to get those brands figured out, ds came on the scene and we've used a mix of prefolds, fitteds and AIO's on him. :p

Should I say I'm thinking of mixing up ds's stash? I haven't bought any diapers in awhile and I'm getting the itch. :whistle: Dh says he's not even phased anymore when diapers come in the mail - he calls it my hobby. :eek:

eta: We switched dd to cloth when she was 8mos old.

oxeye

Yay! Cloth diapering is so fun. :)

We haven't been doing cloth for a couple weeks now and I miss it but it just doesn't make sense to keep doing it just nights and weekends. :(

Tara

Cool!

We switched when #2 was right about 1yr. He was completely out of them by 16 months though LOL Early potty trainer ;)
So, #3 was the first to use them from day one, #4 and #5 have followed suit. Other than those first few months of pregnancy...I'm too blech to handle them and the work load. It's not that much, but when you're so stinkin' sick you do well to get yourself to the bathroom...
We're currently in disposables at night as I do not have a good night time set up for Dude.

"We're" hehe of course, you know I just mean the kid ;)

Anyway, big congrats on going cloth. And yes, be careful, it's sooooooooo addicting in the beginning. I've gotten over that part, but, it is easy to fall back into it, all it takes is ONE diaper discussion LOL Or ONE visit to a sale/swap board heh heh

bectoo2

My DS is almost 8 months and I just ordered a sampler pack of cd's so I could try out the different types. I'm anxious to see how you like them. I think it will be a bit of an adjustment (especially for DH) but will be good in the end. I also hope they will allow us to potty train a little sooner. I gues we'll see...:)

Good luck to you!

SativaStarr

Congrats on the switch :) Weve been doing cloth since ds was 2.5 mo (he's 16 mo now) and i couldnt go back.. I really like Fuzzi Bunz, but lately have been digging the Haute Pockets One-Size Snap diapers because I can use them on both my 16 mo ds and 5 mo dd. Warning.. it is very addictive and non cding friends just wont understand the obsession, lol.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Congrats on the switch :) Weve been doing cloth since ds was 2.5 mo (he's 16 mo now) and i couldnt go back.. I really like Fuzzi Bunz, but lately have been digging the Haute Pockets One-Size Snap diapers because I can use them on both my 16 mo ds and 5 mo dd. Warning.. it is very addictive and non cding friends just wont understand the obsession, lol.

<3 haute pockets

i love their colors too....theyre aleahs "going out" diapers lol

MommyofBoogieBear

Yippee!!!! I didnt' know you were thinking about switching! :) yeah! I switched about two months ago and i really like it. You will LOVE the BumGenius! I wish i had more than i do! I haven't had one leak yet! not even at night! we also do prefolds, and i have a thirsties cover for that. I am going to try the bummis one...it's in the mail. yes...after i had decided on which carseats to go with (that was my obsession at the time), I have relaxed...and gone on to a new hobby! ;) cloth! :) we just started with DS at 3 1/2 (who actually went potty on the potty today!!! and one accident in his underwear) and DD at 15 months. I seem to love the cloth diaper threads now on the forum! :) anyway....good for you! i hope you enjoy it!

lovinwaves

Thanks Everyone!!

Well, you guys are the ones you made me do it!! Starlight was like "You ARE going to do this!!" LOL!!

I am so excited to get them in the mail.

Tonight is the night we go to Walmart to get our Sposies. After dinner Dh was like, "Ok, let's go to the dreaded Wally World..." I said, "NOPE, not tonight, not ever" "NO MORE SPOSIES!!!" LOL!! :love:

So, I haven't actually hit that obsession stage yet. I can't imagine getting obsessed with CD'ing, but if you ladies say I will, then I probably will LOL!

I need some good CD'ing Forums links please :D

Thanks, Melissa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC