Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Almost excited...

BabiesRUs.com has a new Graco Toddler Safe Seat Step 2 in a Norway pattern and in the description it states that it is for children 20 to 50 pounds and 48 inches! I was soooooooo excited because I would really like to have one of these as our back up seat. So I looked at Graco's website and the Norway pattern isn't even listed there (???) but I called Graco to ask about the new weight/height limit...and it is false. She said all step 2's only go to 40 pounds. I know it's been mentioned here that they've been testing for 50. Do you think somebody leaked information early???

I did call the number for online issues for BRU and told the cs rep that the description was incorrect. She said they would make a note and verify w/the mfg.

Anybody heard any more on the ss2's going to 50 pounds?
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Almost excited...

I had the same false alarm 6 months ago when Goores website showed the same thing- but it is not coming out anytime soon according to both Graco and the folks who attended the Lifesavers conference- Graco had trouble with testing and approval of the 50lb weight limit- so it is not happening as planned. There was a plan, there still may be a plan for the 50lb SS2, but I gues we shouldn't hold our breath!