Seriously Evenflo

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
They posted this video on their facebook/youtube page

I really don't think this child is even a year old

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1B3oUOjHJo&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Repair Your Husband's Bruised Ego - sponsored by Evenflo e3 Convertible Car Seat‬‏[/ame]

worst of all they just dissed taking the seat to get checked by a technician

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
:confused:

All I get is a video of some exhausted parents lying on a couch, then their baby cries and they sit up.

KaiLing

Um, should I be reconsidering taking the CPST class next week? I want to help people install car seats safely, but I'm certainly not comfortable offering... other... services.

That kid's 15 months, tops.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Um, should I be reconsidering taking the CPST class next week? I want to help people install car seats safely, but I'm certainly not comfortable offering... other... services.

That kid's 15 months, tops.

Lmao.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, I went to their FB page and found the right video. All I can say is: Bahahahaha!

I'm sorry, but that was funny.

Yes, the kid should be RF. And yes, it would be great if everyone got their seat checked by CPSTs. But at the same time, if people follow directions and have seats that install easily, they could be fine on their own.

I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over this one.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yep, same seat. Plus I hate that they say to take it to the fire dept. Not all fire depts have techs!

Qarin

Well, to be fair, they say not to take it to the fire department...

Too bad about the top tether; that'd really help with forward-facing such a young baby.

mamom

Ok I know that there are flaws with this: not all Firehouses have techs, and the kid should not be forward, BUT I found it FUNNY. I think it is great that at least it shows parents that yes some seats are hard and it is OK to ask for help, and if you are too good to ask for help (as many parents are) there are some EASier seats out there that are somewhat more dummy proof.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The forward-facing and lack of tether are the only problems I have with it.

They don't say everyone should go to the firehouse. That's just where she goes in her particular case. As long as her station has techs, no problem.

I don't see it as saying that parents shouldn't get their seats to get checked. Frankly, parents SHOULDN'T need techs. (Though I realize most do.)

The forward-facing is a huge thing--I won't deny that. At the same time, I think we tend to get so bogged down in this that we're not able to see the humor in things.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It was funny. But the savvy parent would know their baby should face the rear... beyond one year...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC