More MT vs TWE questions...

kidnurse

It seems that more people here have MT's than TWE's and I am wondering why. I read that the TWE lasts longer, height wise at least and I am aware that it needs to brace. Is it because of the bracing and advanced airbag issue? Is it price? Is there another factor I am not seeing?

Also wondering if anyone in Phx has either of these seats, and might be willing to let me try one in my car next weekend. Or maybe someone here in Abq has one, but I don't think there are too many of us from Abq on here.

ADS

gsdguenter

For me the reason was simply due to bracing. With advanced airbags I didn't want to have a seat that HAD to be braced according to the manufacturer and COULDN'T be braced according to my car's rules.

Plus, I like the head wings of the MT.

T4K

Me! I'm from Albuquerque! Haha. No MT or TWE, though.

On my iPhone...Probably NAK or PAK ;-)

KaiLing

It was absolutely just because of the bracing. This was a big financial decision for us, and if I could have saved the money and gotten a taller seat (and still bought a seat that fit in the car and would keep the kid RF until age 4) I would have. But we needed it for the 2005 car and have to have it behind the passenger seat because we have one 5'9" driver and one 6'9" driver. For us we couldn't import any seat but the MT because of bracing. Simple as that.

Last edited:

kidnurse

So if bracing wasn't an issue, would you have chose differently?

:happy-wavehello: Thirsty4knowledge, nice to know there are a few of us around here that ERF.

KaiLing

So if bracing wasn't an issue, would you have chose differently?

If I could brace, TWE, all the way. I'm confident that I could get it installed correctly, it's taller for my big torso-ed guy and I have a non-picky kid who I don't think needs comfy bells and whistles. Once we outgrow the 40 lbs RF Radian in the 1996 car if a TWE waltzed in to my life I'd snatch it up in an instant. But a second car with a car seat is a luxury, not a necessity for us.

jenfrogmom

I chose the MT for the headwings, lockoffs, footprop, and it doesn't take up too much room front to back. I also can not brace in my car.

gsdguenter

If I could brace I'd buy one of each cuz I really like my MT but want a TWE too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kanuni

SIP for me. MT looks more curvy, and the headwing also adds to that. I am not saying that TWE has bad SIP, but the MT looks to be better IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC