What are your complaints/issues with your Frontier?

bekah

I want this to be my last FN thread ;)

I am just about to pull the trigger on a Frontier and wanted to hear any complaints/issues with the Frontier 85 so I will be prepared when it arrives, or if any of them are deal-breakers for me.

The GN has been ruled out since the crotch strap comes from way under my ds and was uncomfortable for him.

ADS

NannyMom

I love it. I have 3 Nautis, 1 Frontier 85, and a million convertibles. So far, I really like my FR85

bnsnyde

My complaint is I just bought one and then the SICT came out. So now I want that, LOL.
We will use it in the car for now, then for my oldest when he outgrows his Radian.

With a 20 inch harness top it's our only option to stay in a harness the longest. Since the highest top slot was my criteria, this is the seat for us.
No problems with it so far.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Install can be a total Biotch with the seat belt. It's not compatible in a lot of seating positions, though not as bad as the Radian. And it's not nearly as heavy as the Radian. ;) LOL

All in all, I love ours. We also have 2.

momtoo3

I could not get a good install with the seatbelt in 2 out of 3 of our vehicles. I recommend trying both LATCH and seat belt installs because your child will most likely eventually weigh too much for LATCH while using it. Other than the install issues it was a great seat.

njkj

None, we love it. The big plus for me though is DS can buckle it all by himself. He was never able to buckle the 80.

2BunniesMommy

Just started using it today, but so far my only complaint is that it seems hard to tighten. I am wondering if I didn't something wrong installing and something is caught somewhere. At this point I am worried I will like it so much that I will want to find a way to replace the FN80 with another FN85.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
meekey7197 said:
It's heavy :)

Really? I think its amazingly light for such a huge seat.
Some time sbp is hard but I just use the lbp automatically because its so easy.
I have no complaints!

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

firemomof3

I didn't like the install I got in my van. There was a huge gap between the Frontier and vehicle seat. I think its the way my seats are designed.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Yes, even LBP can be a pain. Not all seat belts are long enough....or they are barely and it takes 20min to pull here, tug there, smoosh the seat into the vehicle seat, then pull some more before you can eek out enough seat belt to get it buckled. And SBP is a joke unless you do not have buckle stalks. Out of 6 rear seating positions in my Sub, only one has a low fixed buckle that lets me use the SBP....and of course, it's on my access seat to the 3rd row, which means it doesn't get installed there.

Forgot about the broken arm rests. Got those too. And, the cover/shield thingy on the back. Mine won't stay on. So I don't use it (ok'd by Britax).

HEVY

I didn't like the install I got in my van. There was a huge gap between the Frontier and vehicle seat. I think its the way my seats are designed.

I had this problem the second time I installed :scratcheshead: But was advised to recline the seat, install, then push the seat back upright. Worked on my bench.

twinsmom

I had a really hard time installing it in my Sienna. There was/is a big gap behind the seat, it's pretty reclined, and I had a hard time not having too much of the boot thing hanging over the seat. Also, the belly pad kept coming off, so I just removed it for good. The straps can be a bit twisty, and the harness can be hard to tighten. (apparently I've been spoiled by my Multi Techs :p)

Morganthe

Yes, even LBP can be a pain. Not all seat belts are long enough....or they are barely and it takes 20min to pull here, tug there, smoosh the seat into the vehicle seat, then pull some more before you can eek out enough seat belt to get it buckled.

:yeahthat:

I installed it in dh's car which has long European seatbelts and it took a lot of work to just fasten the seatbelt. Total PITA!! :eek: No buckle stalk, the fastener is located in a fixed position within the seat bight (best description, I think)

The other thing, which I"m not sure if anyone else has this experience -- I installed it in Camry, Passat, & a 92 BMW 5 series wagon --- due to the mandatory flip forward seat base, there was no foot room for dd with the driver & front passenger's seats in our normal positions. None. If harnessed could have had the flip base back where it is for booster, it would have worked. The tipping of the seat with t he knees higher created the lack of space.

In a minivan, SUV, or shorter people than us, I doubt there would be the same difficulty. But for us, the seat was incompatible with our sedan/wagons and taller builds. :shrug-shoulders:

theannex2

My 8 yo still can't buckle herself in it, even though she's been in booster mode in it for over a year. The buckle is too far buried in our little sedan for her to reach down and connect on her own.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC