When did the pictorial guide turn into a PDF you have to pay for ?

ADS

Brianna

I saw that and assumed it was to reproduce it- when I clicked on it, my phone started downloading the PDF with no further mention of a fee.

momtotwogirls

Both the 5point harness and booster pictorials work for me. i have them bookmarked and when i click them they load, no fee mentioned.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Both the 5point harness and booster pictorials work for me. i have them bookmarked and when i click them they load, no fee mentioned.

My guess is you are getting them because they are in your cache. If you google, and find threads here :love: (cso is the first links that come up) and click on the links in the threads... You get that page that they are only available as a pdf, for 30 bucks.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
:eek: I better not ever clear my cache again then! I can't afford to pay to look at it :(

ETA: The words are no longer click-able to the PDF for me even from my bookmarks tabs :(
I use the Pictorial ALL.THE.TIME... What now? :(

Lea_Ontario

Okay - I googled again, and found another link that still brought up the pdf file for me. Not the first cso link, but another one (about 3 or 4 down).

It's dated 2009 though, so not the most up-to-date.

Brianna

The links no longer work for me, but I can access the PDF files for 5 point harness and boosters on my phone. They were downloaded May 22

christineka

Ack! I only had the beginning page bookmarked. Can you post the links to the other pages? They should be cached for me and then maybe I can download them to my computer. That sucks that we now have to pay to see the pictorial.

HEVY

I don't understand why $30, isn't that a bit high, uhm, really high, especially since you can only print one. Who is <email deleted>?

Last edited by a moderator:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
HEVY said:
I don't understand why $30, isn't that a bit high, uhm, really high, especially since you can only print one. Who is <email deleted>?

She's the founder of SafetyBeltSafe.

I agree that $30 might be on the steep side, but on the other hand, it's their right to charge for their work.

Last edited by a moderator:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's Stephanie Tombrello.

Unfortunately SBS has had to start charging for that, because it's one of the ways they're trying to make up operating costs.

Some long-time sponsors and grants have fallen through this year; the financial crisis is finally affecting SBS. So they have to keep up their operating costs and that means that they have to find ways to find the money to operate.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC