My first evening at BRU

cpsaddict

Well, tonight was my first evening at BRU. Things went pretty well. I sold three Safe Seat 1's. The first two were to parents of twins that were coming out of NICU at just about 6lbs each. The second was for a couple that was expecting any minute. Then I sold a Peg SIP to a couple with a 33 weeker coming home at 4.5lbs. They wanted the Peg to begin with a and the NICU recommends it for some reason.

We do carry the Regent and my manager says to me that it should be recalled. :eek: WTH? Apparently, they have had a bunch returned because people cannot get them installed correctly. One customer apparently said they had some certified deputy install it and he couldn't get it installed at all. Is the Regent that hard to install?? I just mentioned that the instruction manual needs to be read very closely and that customers must find a real technician.
I am wondering how bad a rap the Regent is going to get, being sold at a mainstream store like BRU. How many non car seat savvy people are going to pick up the Regent and get frustrated with it? I guess I will have to see how this goes. I will still recommend it. It is great to have the Apex and the Regent both at a common store. We have six Regents in stock right now.

Anyway, I am off to bed! Just wanted to share my evening.

ADS

skaterbabs

The Regent isn't hard, just different, and I can see how the avg parent would have trouble with it since reading the manual isn't something they think to do.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ohhh it sounds like it was a fun night!!!!!!! I don't think the Regent is hard to install just different then what most people are used to. I found that the Regent was easier to install then the DC/MA/BV once I got the hang of it. I wish they would hire CPST's to install seats there...I would sooo come work with you!

Kellyr2

I prefer installing my Regent over just about any other seat I owned in the past. The Marathon is about equal to it (I've only used latch on my MA) and the SS1 is easier, but not much. The only thing that makes my Regent (ok, Husky, whatever) hard is that it's heavy to lift and it's hard to get it into the 3rd row.

skaterbabs

That's pretty much it. People are intimidated by the size and then it becoms a self-fullfilling prophecy that it will be too hard to do.

mominabigtruck

Do you guys have the van bench seat in the store for people to try their seats out on? If you did you could take the regent over there and read the instructions and figure out how to install it that way if people do buy it you could show them on the demo seat before they take it home.

arly1983

Oh, yes, I LOVE to install the regent....

AFTER reading the instructions, it took me five mins to get a rock solid install with long belt path/recline bar. I was SURE I did something wrong it was so quick and easy. But everyone on here said the install was perfect :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC