stroller recs for first time parents?

crunchierthanthou

What would you suggest to someone having her first kid?

I don't know if they want a travel system, but probably. Are any of them even decent?

I know they can do some sort of BJCM with infant adapter. I just don't know how hard of a sell that would be.

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
If I could do it all again knowing what I know now I would not have registered for a travel system. I really like the stroller I ended up with (Graco Quattro) but I could have made a better choice in a car seat. The stroller is great for outings where I need a bigger stroller such as the zoo or a museum where I'm carrying a bunch of stuff for the kid.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I don't know much about strollers. As selection around here is poor and dh won't buy unless you can try. We got a Graco quarto with #3. It was the only stroller Dh didn't step on when he pushed. It was huge when folded and on the bottom of luggage when traveling. I upgraded from a minivan to a suburban because of stroller issues.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I went with my pregnant SIL to Buy Buy Baby and we test drove all the strollers, and they settled on the Baby Jogger City Elite. They didn't have a Summit XC single, just the double and it rocked.

I'm not a big fan of the new Mountain Buggy (and I LOVED my MBUD).

I must say I LOVED the Foray, and it's on major clearance on albeebaby, and I kinda like the matching Mico.

newyorkDOC

If i had to choose all over again I'd get a BJCMini with the car seat adaptor. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't face mom but I guess you can resolve that with the car seat or bassinet. I don't think I'd get the bassinet at $200+ though. Maybe if I found it on CL but as a first time mom I wanted everything new.

Back in late 2008 I chose the bee with infant nest and car seat adaptors for my cabriofix (I'm in Europe). I do love it but DD doesn't fit in it in the winter with her coat on. So we also have a BJCS which is huge IMO. But it's a good choice is she thinks she might ever want the double capacity.

Dillipop

If I had it all to do over again, I wish someone would have pushed me into getting a snap and go. Perfect for the beginning and gave me time to figure out what I really wanted. By the time the snap and go was done, baby would be sitting up and it opened up so many more options.

For child #3, I ended up with a snap and go because all the strollers we currently have are for older babies- volo and silver cross micro. When she was a few months old, I ended up with a cybex and am in love. If I had spent money on something else, I would have missed out on the cybex. You can usually find a used snap and go on CL for pretty cheap.

crunchierthanthou

Good thinking, dillipop. I ended up getting a SnugRider as a gagadeal. I got it for $45 shipped. I think I can probably recoup that if I can't convince my sister that it's a good way to go. Does that lock her into Graco seats? Not necessarily a bad thing.

I'll take her to test drive some nice strollers when I see her again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC