Seat Ideas for a Vegas Trip

ZanesMom

I need some help on figuring out a car-seat situation for our upcoming vacation/SIL’s wedding. We will be traveling to Las Vegas for my SIL’s wedding. No one in our family has ever been to Vegas and I have been doing some research about getting around town while we’re there. I was hoping not to rent a car and rely on public transport. I’m thinking that to attend the wedding and see some sites that are off the strip we may need to use a cab. While I’ll be bringing DS’s Radian for the plane, I’m not so sure I want to be carrying it around Vegas.

I was thinking of getting him a RSTV (?), but I wanted to see if there are any better choices as I really hate to spend $100 on it for a week vacation.

DS is 3 years old and was 35.5 inches tall in April with unknown torso length. He weighs right about 31-32 lbs.

Any ideas or suggestions for traveling around Vegas, or sites to see, are welcome.
Thanks

ADS

scoutingbear

Are you staying on the strip or off it? What about securing the radian to a stroller? Or order a small RSTV. We :love: ours and have used it a lot. The good part is that it doesn't expire...bad part is that he might still be on the small side for one. I'm not as familiar with the newer ones (or the small for that matter). Yeah. Guess I wasn't much help!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Off the Strip, Vegas is not a public transportation-friendly city and cabs are expensive. Parking, even valet, at all the hotels is free, so even if you rent a car, you won't have to pay to park it.

Be sure to see the Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay. That's pretty cool. Hoover Dam seems to be impressive for people who enjoy heights. The Valley of Fire is on the northwest end of Lake Mead and has some striking rock formations. Dh and I did that drive about 16 years ago on a less than full tank of gas--don't do that! Red Rock, to the west, also has lots of . . . red rocks and hiking. Death Valley is a long day's drive there and back. I Googled this: http://www.vegas.com/attractions/ .

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Instead of buying the vest I'd put the $100 toward renting a car. You'd probably spend more than that if you're taking a cab sightseeing anyway. (Cab to just the wedding might be ok, but beyond that it seems like it would get pricey, though I'm not infinitely familiar with Vegas.)

murphydog77 said:
Hoover Dam seems to be impressive for people who enjoy heights.

Red Rock, to the west, also has lots of . . . red rocks

:ROFTLMAO: You should write a tour book!

Jan06twinmom

We've found that it's just easier to drive our car to get around Vegas with our twins. Last summer we did do some hotel hopping with them, but then DH went and brought the car to us when we finished our one way trip down the strip.

What kinds of things do you like to do? When are you going? It's really hot in the summer so you might want to do more inside stuff. I grew up in Las Vegas, but only have made it back a few times since my parents moved to northern Nevada.

I agree that the aquarium should be on your to-do list. We took our twins when they were 2.5 years old. We went and saw the volcano erupt at the Mirage last summer (twins 5.5yo) and that was a hit. Definitely go see the fountains at the Belagio and the garden area inside. It's fun to walk around the different hotels - the Venetian is one of my favorites - but it gets tiring for the kids quickly. Caesar's Palace is another interesting to see, but it's a bit of a walk to get to the show about the gods and to see the huge fish tanks.

Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston are good places to go. I love Valley of Fire, but it's better to visit in the spring or fall. If you are driving to Hoover Dam, maybe stop at the Ethel M factory. Very yummy chocolate;)

Melanie

ZanesMom

We'll be staying on the Strip, I think. It's the Trump Hotel, our one big spluge, and we'll be leaving in just under 2 weeks. :eek: I should have asked this question sooner, but didn't notice how quick the month of May went by until it was gone.

Thanks for all of the sugguestions on places to go. It sounds like Hotel Hopping will be fun and is on our list. I'm not sure about Hoover Dam, but good to know that renting a car would be best for that type of trip.

I like the idea of securing the Radian, or any of our car-seats to a stroller, but I'm not too sure about how to do that. We have an cheap umbellra stroller and a large, older Graco that DH hates with a passion.

I guess I'll look into the cost of renting a car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC