I called Britax......

ahgirls

UPDATE IN POST #18 picture included.

Here I go again. Computer ate and froze the last thread I typed.

I finally remember to call Britax during east coast hours and not a weekend.;) I called to ask if I could purchase a cow cover for my frontier, as my daughter has sensory issues. She is starting to wear summer clothing and the mesh is bothering her. I explained to customer service that I tried to wait for the cow seat to be released. But when the date continued to be pushed back. She out grew her old seat before it was released. She told me if it wasn't on the online store she couldn't sell it. I told her that I know someone that called and got a cow cover for her frontier as her mesh cover had snagged. Her reply maybe its available for warranty issues but not for sale. Liva covers is listed but not the cow. :mad: DD2 doesn't like the feel of silk material but fleece/plush fabric. She sleeps in fleece sheets.

Okay? I thought Britax had great customer service. I personally don't think she knows what sensory processing disorder is. That thought didn't cross my mind till after we hung up.

Any ideas beside frequently checking swap? With the new swap rules (which I :love:), I can't post for several years at my current rate.

Last edited:
ADS

jjordan

I would try writing an email that explains the situation more fully (and in writing so that there's less chance of confusion on their part). Approach it from the standpoint of, "I really hope there is something you can do to help me with this..." rather than "I called and nobody could help me, now I'm mad and I want this fixed."

Good luck!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Not sure what to tell you. I am looking for one too, with no luck so far. If you know someone ordering, see if they will order cow, and trade covers.

Oh, and post more!

Jessica61624

Hopefully they get them back soon! I want to get a livia but I have to fund it by selling the cow. We don't have an extra seat to use in the waiting period. Otherwise id dell you mine!

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Could you ask her OT to write a letter to email with a letter from you?

I understand what you are going through. Dd2 has sensory issues. She's 4y. She outgrew her shannon bv (so I sold it), moved her to our denim husky (which she had issues with). She rode in a turbo sometimes when she couldn't handle the denim fabric. Not the best solution, but she sat great. After much debated, she got a cow frontier. She LOVES it!

Hope you can get one and soon.

I also understand people not understanding sensory issues. I have a friend that is bipolar and her son had adhd. When we were talking about dd, my friend said that's normal. It is not normal. I am an adult with sensory issues. Wish I could fix myself like we fixed dd.

katiesmommy

You know, this has really be irritating me too. I ordered pink sky because the when I had the money to buy it the cowmoo had been pushed back yet again. So I've been patiently waiting for them to put it up on the store so I could get it and use our pink sky as our spare. I don't understand why they haven't put it up, they have every single other cover, just no cowmoo, Why?

ahgirls

"I really hope there is something you can do to help me with this..." rather than "I called and nobody could help me, now I'm mad and I want this fixed."

Good luck!

Thanks
I am not mad just irritated. Its one more thing to fight for her. Letter posted in CM to check for grammar.

ahgirls

Called again this morning for an email address. I checked the website several times. The cs rep gave me the email address for the cs manger.

I am so glad I didn't give up. Last night we ran an errand after dinner. DD2 refused to sit in her seat. She requested her rstv. I went with it to avoid another meltdown. I told her on the way she had to sit in her frontier. She cried the first 5 minutes of the drive home.

katiesmommy

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I posted a very long comment/question to their facebook wall, which they responded to this morning. I've been told that they should have the Cowmoo cover set in the online store within the next week. Fingers crossed that they actually do it.

ahgirls

Britax customer service rocks! Problem solved.

She of course asked if it would soft like her other cow seat.

ahgirls

My cover came yesterday by the great brown truck. I so excited, I changed covers in the waiting area at the oil place. Yes, I am that geeky.

Here is a picture from this morning after running errands for 2 hours. Ignore the grumpy look. She is not crying that is a huge excess right there.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

for future reference... if you want to explain a sensory issue, just be simple and say your child has autism or a type of autism... it's simpler and more to the point.

Everyone in this country knows it's a special need and should accomodate it...

I'm so glad she has her soft cover now!

Phineasmama

Glad you got one! We have a cowmoo Frontier and I do love the fabric :D

Also love the doll car seat hehe...did you install that with latch? :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC