Recommended DVD Player?

Ninetales

I'm looking at DVD players for the car and was wondering if there's one that anyone here has that they would recommend. I want one that I can attach to a vehicle headrest and that doesn't need to be plugged into the lighter, since ours doesn't work.

I'm aware of the risk to a rear facer, so I'm thinking about attaching it to the front passenger seat and angling her mirror to see it. And only if I feel it's necessary for the long trip. But I'd like some recommendations to narrow it down. Thanks!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DH bought a cheapo Phillips one a couple weeks ago and we used that in the car on a road trip. With two rear-facers and a boostered kid, I put the player in the middle headrest and gave the boostered kid a mirror.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My personal comfort level is that I need to have it permanently installed, not just attached to a headrest. But that's me.

momtotwogirls

We have a little RCA one. We got it from Walmart for about 100 bucks. Our lighter doesnt work either but the dvd player holds enough charge to play one movie about 90 mins long, which is sufficient enough for us. i only put it on when they are getting really restless and we still have a few hours to go.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That would be nice but not an option for us. :(

It wasn't an option for us in our last two vehicles, either. So I just didn't get one.

If you know someone good at wiring and such, I've since found a kit for one that can be permanently installed on Amazon for just a little over $200.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC