Question Is the xtsl worth it over the regular radian?

lovemybabies924

? Wanting some opinions :) and does the brown really show on the petal?

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

ADS

Rebelnicky04

I liked my 80sl better than my XTSL... in my opinion especially for a smaller child the headwings were kind of awkward :eek:

Cryssy Jane

I like my xtsl for any kiddo outboard for the headwings. But I wish I still had my 80sl for puzzling center in the third row of the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

firemomof3

I always prefered the XT wings for my kiddos UNTIL I had to move ds up to the top harness slots ff. The wings would not stay up and they were a big PITA.

lovemybabies924

I'm thinking for my 5 year old outboard 3rd row on my odyssey... And how low do the headwings adjust? Would they be beneficial to my 5 month old?

lovemybabies924

Cryssy Jane said:
I like my xtsl for any kiddo outboard for the headwings. But I wish I still had my 80sl for puzzling center in the third row of the van.

Does the xt not fit center?

Cryssy Jane

lovemybabies924 said:

It does. The wings just get in the way for a tight three across puzzle.

Pixels

I'm thinking for my 5 year old outboard 3rd row on my odyssey... And how low do the headwings adjust? Would they be beneficial to my 5 month old?

The wings come down to the level of the third slots. My three month old is on the third slots and using the wings, but he's slightly freakish in the torso department.

All Radian models have the same overall outside shell. Same harness slots, same fit to vehicle.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The wings on mine won't come down to the 3rd slots, so DS can't use them.

Also, the wings squish the kid's shoulders once they are even with the top slots, so don't plan on using it past the top slots. If you have a tall or long torsoed kid or want to use it as long as possible, I would get a non-winged version.

lovemybabies924

anyone have a pic of a big kid in one? DD is about 50lbs and is about the side of a 7 year old haha but she has a bit of room (inch maybe?) before shes even w/the top slot

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
This was Mali a few months ago, so about 5.5 and 44" tall. She's about an inch over the top slots and you can see her shoulders are crammed under the wings

IMG_7836.jpg

Cryssy Jane

Zach. 5.5 years, 40lbs. Just a hair below the top slots.

Last edited:

bigteamug

can u rf on the top slot? sorry i have one in the car but too lazy too look :eek:
Looking at the picture of Zach, I don't see how you could - RF straps are supposed to be at/below shoulders, right? And he is just a hair under the top slots and his head looks really close, if not over the top of the shell... I don't see the shell needed for RF being above his head if he was at the slots....maybe if you had a kid with a tiny head and a very short neck, but even then, I don't see it working....

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
M was over the top of the shell by the time her shoulders were even with the top slot, so no I don't see how you could RF on the top slot.

Cryssy Jane

lovemybabies924 said:
can u rf on the top slot? sorry i have one in the car but too lazy too look :eek:

Here he was a week or so later. He wanted to ride like the babies. This is the second to top slots.

Last edited:

ericarizo

Dauntae is 46in. tall with a 16in. torso and he was over the top slots of the 80SL last year so I don't think she will fit.

lovemybabies924

She's in an original 65 now but your right NO way a kid could RF on the top slot haha *smacks self in face*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC