Straps twisting in the Nautilus

rxmommy

Anyone else have this issue?

The strap seems to somehow get twisted (folded in half somehow maybe?) in the bottom crotch buckles. Both of the those I have have done this, so maybe it's something special that my kids are doing lol.

To fix it, I either have to mess with the harness strap for a long time (folding it in half and thinking lots of bad words) or uninstall the seat, take the buckle off and reinsert the harness strap. Ugh.

I'm probably not explaining it right either. We really like the seat, my girls fit really well in it (they are both still harnessing, but my almost-7-year-old is on the brink of outgrowing the harness) but this drives me nuts!

ADS

nmb

Mine does it.
I try to slide the buckle up & straighten the harness every time I put him in it -- almost always there will be a bit of the edge of the harness folded under. By 'fixing' it everytime it's buckled, keeps it from getting all the way folded in half.

Ducky5306

I've had one for 2 years and never had any issues with the straps twisting..

Sent from my HTC using Car-Seat.Org

Mommy2Marcus

Mine is about 1 1/2 years old and I have not had any trouble with the straps twisting like that. I have had them twist over one time on me.

Ducky5306

What year is your seat? Did they change the harness style at all over the years?

Sent from my HTC using Car-Seat.Org

rxmommy

I don't know, I would have to look?? One of them was bought when my oldest outgrew the Boulevard. So it's perhaps 2.5 years old? The other one is newer. I just know they are not expired is all. lol

I have been meaning to rearrange them in the truck (they are next to each other, but at different settings obviously because one of my kids is much taller than the other!) and note the DOM and write all my seats' dates down. I have a Boulevard with 2 years remaining and a Roundabout with about 11 months left and I don't want to forget to replace them!

Do the Nautilus and the Turbobooster each have Graco's expiration of December of the 6th year?

Baylor

I never have that problem with the nautilus. I have one from 2008 and one from 2010 and a replacement harness and none of them twist.

Is it routed correctly?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC