Question to turn back RFing or not

SAHDADDY

due to the girls getting realy sick with RSV,
emma has dropped down to 30.8lbs 2.5years
sadie is 38.8lbs and 2 weeks shy of 4years

would you move sadie back RFing in XTSL and move emma to the classic BV, or at almost 4 would you not worry about putting sadie back RFing

the RFing seats i have all RFto 33lbs exsept the XTSL that goes to 45lbs

ADS

momtotwogirls

I would ask Sadie if she wants too. My oldest turned 4 almost 2 months ago and she loves to rear face but I let her decide whether or not she wants to be forward or rear facing. i know alot of people say "they arent old enough to choose about her safety" but I feel confortable and that she is very safe forward facing in her Frontier.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I would definitely RF the 2yo. If the 4yo wanted to RF and it was convenient (I wasn't kissing the steering wheel or buying new seats) I'd certainly let her, but I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

SAHDADDY

I would definitely RF the 2yo. If the 4yo wanted to RF and it was convenient (I wasn't kissing the steering wheel or buying new seats) I'd certainly let her, but I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

oh the 2 year old is RFing and will stay that way till she maxes out the seats we have

since emma has dropped enough and holding steady at her current weight i'm considering putting sadie back in to the xtsl and RF her in the main car,

they both have to FF in my partners work car as the biggest seat that would fit in it was the diplomat and they have both outgrown that seat (they hardly ride in that car and mostly its just the sadie on trips to the store)

If Sadie will RF again without a fight...absolutely, go for it. But, I wouldn't RF her at the expense of putting Emma in a FF seat.

The 2 yo needs to RF, not the 4 yo.

flutie128

I would just worry the 2 YO would regain the 2 pounds quickly so you would have to turn your 4 YO FFing quickly again anyways.

momtotwogirls

If Sadie will RF again without a fight...absolutely, go for it. But, I wouldn't RF her at the expense of putting Emma in a FF seat.

The 2 yo needs to RF, not the 4 yo.

I think he wants to put the youngest rear facing in the BV with the 33# limit and the oldest in the RN with the 45# limit so both would be rear facing.

SAHDADDY

I think he wants to put the youngest rear facing in the BV with the 33# limit and the oldest in the RN with the 45# limit so both would be rear facing.

yeah thats the plan,

emmas been holding steady at 30.8 for a week now,
i think i'll ask sadie what she wants to do, our goal is to RF to 4, but we had to turn sadie a few mos ago to accommodate keeping emma RFing as i will rf the youngest if i can only rf one of them (oh how i wish i had the money for a second seat that RFs past 33/35lbs)

Jennifer mom to my 7

yeah thats the plan,

emmas been holding steady at 30.8 for a week now,
i think i'll ask sadie what she wants to do, our goal is to RF to 4, but we had to turn sadie a few mos ago to accommodate keeping emma RFing as i will rf the youngest if i can only rf one of them (oh how i wish i had the money for a second seat that RFs past 33/35lbs)

I am hoping to get a complete air for just that reason. :happy-wavehello: Hi, A!

anyway, my 4.25 year old is rear facing in the xtsl, at just about 40 give or take 1 pound, and it is summer so less clothing. The 2.5 year old is in a 33 pound boulevard at 30 pounds in a dipe. Of course, for me right now, I *want* or need a new seat regardless, because I don't want to ff the 4+ year old in the boulevard, and he might not even fit in it ff. So, I think I have just decided to figure out how to pay for the complete air. I think the one without the base should work well in the sienna without a noodle.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
At almost 4 and 40 pounds, I believe your older daughter will be very safe in a correctly installed and used front-facing child safety seat with a 5-point harness. Obviously, if she doesn't mind and you don't mind, rear-facing would provide some benefit with no real drawback.

SAHDADDY

thanks for the imput, i think i'll ask her and see what she wants to do, i know she was sad when i turned her FF but i also know she loves the cup holder on her GNs

SAHDADDY

i asked her and she said no, so she will stay FFing in the GN till she outgrows the harness (hopping not for 2 years)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC