The Duggars - On the Road with 16 Children

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Did anyone see this on TLC last night? I couldn't stay awake to watch the whole thing, but I saw them loading 16 kids into an RV!!!

I don't even know where to start! There were 3 FF bench seats in the RV, but some of the kids were shown in carseats or boosters facing sideways. Then there were the twisted straps, belly buckles, straps so loose they were falling off their shoulders, a million projectiles and (what I'm sure were) outdated seats.

They said a family prayer before loading everyone up. I guess they don't need good seats then :rolleyes:

I think one of the older Duggar children needs to take on the "jurisdiction" of ensuring auto safety for all of them ;)

ADS

mommy2env

I would'nt even dare go out with that big of a crowd:eek: , I have a hard time getting out of the house with only two.:D

they probably did that on purpose so someone will donate them 93478597 seats :eek:)
you would think they would do some research on child seat safety since they have about 10 in carseats..or maybe they will just rely on an older child to hold them tightly in a crash since they rely on the older children for everything else.

i try to stay away from the duggars...i have never have anything nice to say about them:whistle:
sorry if i offend anyone.

TheRealMacGyver

I never would have known about this show except I read a post about them awhile ago here. So last night I happened across it, watched about ten minutes and then couldn't take it anymore!:D It just isn't my cup of tea, but seeing the family was pretty cool.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
ITA, I only watched because I'd heard about them on this board and the title was "on the road with 16 children" so I knew I'd see some horrible misuse. I guess it originally aired last year though.

I wonder if anyone has ever contacted them about it? I checked online today and one site said that they get 100 emails a day through their family website!

I could never live like that, but the show somehow mesmerized me for a while. I guess it gave me hope to see someone do it with 16+ kids when I feel like I've barely got my head above water with 2. Although I would never want that lifestyle.

Connor's Mom

How old do you think that the infant seat that they where using was? It looked ancient! I don't know why they didn't put the car seats on those bench seats. It showed how they put the seats in the RV, they bolted a mettle sheet to the floor and then bolted the seats and seat belts to the mettle sheet. Not very safe but safer than putting them on the couch IMO. The whole thing just looked like a death trap. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC