Jobby Job

i think im gonna go get a night job part time , just long enough to buy DD a regent, she wont stay in her turbo anymore, shes always twisting and sitting on her knees..its getting annoying and i worry sick about it .

what would be the best place to try for a part time..like 4 hours a night job..like walmart? i could easily get a job at a hotel or something but they arent flexible and i need something from like 7pm til whenever

ADS

TheRealMacGyver

Have you thought about delivering newspapers? It's not the best job (from what I've heard) but it is usually at night (early morning actually) and they usually always need people.

mominabigtruck

Walmart really sucks as a job. I worked there years ago for a holiday job and they are not flexible at all. When you go there for an interview they tell you that they are and they try to only put people when they want to work but its totally not true. I would look for someplace small, maybe cleaning offices or that type of thing.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
If you can swing 6pm, how about a retail like Children's Place (or Gap, etc. I just say TCP because I'm a former manager and know the hours, lol). The "night shift" is usually 6pm until close, which is usually between 10 and 11 (the mall would close at 9-9:30, and then straightening the store for open the next day). Retail stores give good discounts usually (TCP is 30% off all purchases, including markdowns).

supercrunch

Do you have a BRU nearby?

I worked there 5-10:30 when my dd was a baby. I only worked hours that my dh was home to watch her.

Plus you'd get a 10% discount...which isn't bad for high ticket items like a Regent ;)

CandCfam

Starbucks
Kohl's
Gap
The Children's Place

My best friend works at Starbucks, they are very flexible - at least hers is.
She's also worked at Gap - super flexible too.
Discounts (30% for S'bucks, I can't remember waht Gap's was) for minimal hours worked at both.

I almost took a night job at Kohl's but I didn't like their starting pay, and they wouldn't budge.:rolleyes: But, you do get bennies and a discount for PT.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Barnes and Noble's is flexible. Well the one I worked at in college was anyway. It was in a college town and there were a bunch of us from the college...so they kinda had to be flexible with us.

Susan

LuvBug

movie stores are usually very flexible, but they only pay minimum wage and it just really sucks as a job lol! but you get free movies!!

Stresch

I just ended my contract scoring standardized tests as a night job. If there is a facility that does that near you, it's not a bad gig. Pay wasn't bad and the work was kind of fun, but you need a college degree.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC