Question on Peg Perego infant seat

U

Unregistered

Hello, I have the 2009 peg perego primo viaggo infant seat which I used with my daughter for about a year. I now have a 3 month old DS and am using the same seat for him. He seems to get a bruise on his tailbone after riding in the seat and I really don't know what to do about it. I don't think we are missing any parts to the seat but it definitely doesn't feel soft to me. DS hates riding in the seat and I feel terrible for him when he's in it. DH does NOT want to purchase a new carset for DS at this point so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on making the seat more comfortable without compromising safety? I feel like I should tuck a blanket or something under his bum, but will that make the seat unsafe?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't have any suggestions, but no, putting a blanket under him, thick enough to prevent bruising, isn't safe.

Can you take pictures of the inside of the seat, maybe someone can see something?

If you move to a convertible now you'll get more use out of it than you would have if you started later, thereby making each ride more cost effective. Could you use that argument with your husband to buy a new seat now?

Wendy

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
What seats is your older kid in? What ages, weights are all your kids? Maybe get an older kid a new seat if you have a convertible to hand down?

If you have a convertible, could you adjust for baby and you and baby go on a drove and see if it is better?

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
H DH does NOT want to purchase a new carset for DS at this point s!

You will HAVE to buy a new seat for this child. If not now, then in a few months at best. There really isn't a huge downside to buying it now...now just to be clear, I'm not talking about buying a new bucket seat, but the convertible seat you are *going to move the child into anyway*. You could still keep the bucket around for carrying the child into stores, etc, and in that scenario, with the seat being used NOT in a car, it would be fine to put something cushy under his bum. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC