Is this overlap ok?

Cryssy Jane

Trying to explore different options to attempt a three across in the third row of the van.

All seatbelt installs. 2006 Mazda mpv

Driver to pass.
Rf myride, rf radian, rf twe
All individually tight

But I'm not sure of the overlap from the myride to the radian. The radian is as upright as it'll get I'm afraid and that's the only position it works rf in the van.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Is the Radian tethered? If so, I would be okay with it so long as all the seats are independently tight which you stated they are.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
That is how in looks in my car too. Looks like it is puzzling well, unless I am missing something.

Cryssy Jane

monica-m said:
Is the Radian tethered? If so, I would be okay with it so long as all the seats are independently tight which you stated they are.

Yes the radian is tethered.

Cryssy Jane

Judi said:
That is how in looks in my car too. Looks like it is puzzling well, unless I am missing something.

Just wanted to double check since the plastic cup holder part on the myride is over the seat part of the radian.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Here is my car:

100_0568.jpg

Cryssy Jane

Poor kid in the RN tho :p

Based on the recline it would probably be A in the RN since he's the narrowest and I know at this recline O is even with the shell, S isn't much shorter so I don't know if he'd fit. I'll have to play kiddo shuffle and see who fits better where.

Chely7425

For a few days (when my RN was being replaced) I had a similar set up and once the kid in the middle was in you could barely see them for the side! They didn't seem to mind tho so it was all good!

ElfJewel

We have a MR next to a Radian in one of our vans. It works better with a non XT Radian because the wings get in the way.

Kjefferson23

CPS Technician
Wow...kudos to you on getting those all installed! I think I would have trouble with it, honestly. I've never had to do a 3 across situation yet for myself or anyone else. I was just telling DH the other day that I needed to go play around in his car with the seats we have. My car has 2 captain chairs in the middle row and only 2 seats in the 3rd row, so not possible there. DH has a Cadillac CTS...this makes me wonder if it's even possible to get our seats 3 across in there. I'm gonna have fun trying one of these days when he lets me play with his car! Lol. The convertible seats we own are a truefit, RA50, and an avenue.

Cryssy Jane

We have a MR next to a Radian in one of our vans. It works better with a non XT Radian because the wings get in the way.

Totally agree. When I had an 80, it puzzled better in that position. But my 80 is in california with my mother, for my niece.

OT, what van are you using to get 3 RNs rf in the third row. I'm super jealous.

Wow...kudos to you on getting those all installed! I think I would have trouble with it, honestly. I've never had to do a 3 across situation yet for myself or anyone else. I was just telling DH the other day that I needed to go play around in his car with the seats we have. My car has 2 captain chairs in the middle row and only 2 seats in the 3rd row, so not possible there. DH has a Cadillac CTS...this makes me wonder if it's even possible to get our seats 3 across in there. I'm gonna have fun trying one of these days when he lets me play with his car! Lol. The convertible seats we own are a truefit, RA50, and an avenue.

I do a bunch of three across situations in various different cars. Your DH's cts has WAY more interior room than my impreza and I can get various threes in there as well. The truefit is a very wide seat but you may be able to do truefit, avenue, ra 50. The key to three across situations is to use the seatbelt to install to get that extra inch or two of use.

ElfJewel

Totally agree. When I had an 80, it puzzled better in that position. But my 80 is in california with my mother, for my niece.

OT, what van are you using to get 3 RNs rf in the third row. I'm super jealous.

They are in the 11 Odyssey. The middle one is reclined more than the other 2 so they overlap. It was the only combo that worked (and we bought and returned 2 other seats), except RF, FF, RF Radians.

Kjefferson23

CPS Technician
Crystal- I can only do seatbelt installs in my hubby's CTS...the latch is buried way too far into the seat for me to ever get! I will never need a 3 across situation in his car, just thought I would play around and get some practice in case I have to help someone figure one out someday...which I'm sure I will!

jsta1005

My MR and RN look the same, except they are FFing. B is in the middle in the RN and complains that she is squished all the time! She is maxing out the RN though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC