2011 Honda Odyssey Carseat Q&A

ADS

mcrmama

Love all your reviews Darren, that helped us when picking our vehicle as we went back and forth between the Sienna and the Odyssey.

I re-installed the Frontier twice today (height ended up being wrong even thought I had measured before installation, lol) and both times, got a really nice install. My boys insisted on one more ride before bed tonight now that seats were in. It is amazing to see how much space each of the boys has in their seats. We are so used to using Radians just to get seats in our Cr-V and the seats being so tight next to each other. Three across really works well in the Odyssey.

juliet108

We have had our 2012 Odyssey for a little over a week now. We love it!
I really appreciate all the reviews and information here that helped us make our decision. We test drove a 2011, but I can't say there are any differences.

I have a 4 year old in the 3rd row in a Nautilus - outboard installed with seatbelt.
In the 2nd row, I have a 2.5 year old RF in a Radian XTSL in the middle seat with LATCH. This was the easiest install I've ever done with that Radian. And he's nice and upright.
I also have a 2 month old in a SafeSeat in the 2nd row behind the driver. This still leaves the 2nd row passenger seat available for one of us to sit and entertain the little ones if necessary, as well as easy access to the 3rd row.

My 4 year old loves having the 3rd row all to herself. She always has to take a baby doll and strap her in too. =)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Love all your reviews Darren, that helped us when picking our vehicle as we went back and forth between the Sienna and the Odyssey.

We have had our 2012 Odyssey for a little over a week now. We love it!
I really appreciate all the reviews and information here that helped us make our decision.

Thank you all for the nice comments, I'm glad the long term review and Q&A were helpful! Hopefully, we can do more of them with other vehicles in the future!

mcrmama

I have a 4 year old in the 3rd row in a Nautilus - outboard installed with seatbelt.
In the 2nd row, I have a 2.5 year old RF in a Radian XTSL in the middle seat with LATCH. This was the easiest install I've ever done with that Radian. And he's nice and upright.
I also have a 2 month old in a SafeSeat in the 2nd row behind the driver. This still leaves the 2nd row passenger seat available for one of us to sit and entertain the little ones if necessary, as well as easy access to the 3rd row.

My 4 year old loves having the 3rd row all to herself. She always has to take a baby doll and strap her in too. =)

The Radian is working for you well there? I didn't get another Radian for that spot because of what I had I had read. I do have 2 Radians in our cr-v. Interesting. I'm finding the Marathon hard for people to get my youngest in and out is it seems harder to adjust than the Radian (although easy to install and comfy once in). I wonder if it would puzzle with the Radian in the Cr-V and put one of the Radians in the Odyssey. That might be worth a try, then I would have the Marathon behind the passenger in the cr-v so easier access for adjusting.

I may try this tomorrow and see which is better. I hate uninstalling my Radians though.

Oh, I thought it was interesting that your 4 your old likes to be on her own. My 10 year old did not want to be on his own and has chosen to go 3 across in the 2nd row so he can be near his little brothers, lol.

Jodi

bnsnyde

Anyone know?
We have the 60 portion of the third row down. Child climbs over it each day to access carseat. There is a towel over it but the seat back is getting indented some. It doesn't look made for this rough climbing or something.

Any solutions?
If I put anything hard on it that's just a projectile.
I don't want to damage the integrity of the seatback either.

anne19781

Hi! Our 2012 Odyssey will be arriving sometime next week and I'm working on what carseats to buy now.

I have 4 kids to buy for and need some help!

6 year old - thinking of getting the Britax Parkway SGL - will that fit in the 3rd row outside seat?

3 year old - FF. Possibly the Graco Nautilus - also need that to go in 3rd row outside. Anyone try that seat there? How does it fit using latch? Or should I get the Frontier? I want the one that fits best, easiest to install. He weighs 35ish lbs so only 5 more lbs of latch.

1.5 year old - RF. 2nd row Captain's chair - thinking either the MyRide or the Marathon 70

Baby - due in December. Will go in the middle of the 2nd row. But I need to be able to slide the other Captain's chair forward to allow access to the 3rd row.

I'd rather just get a convertible for the new baby instead of an infant seat but need to be able to put 2 RF'ing seats side by side and still be able to slide that other chair forward.

Should I go with 2 Marathon 70s for the 2 youngest kids? Will they fit side by side RF'ing?

The carseats we currently have I'm planning on just keeping in our car as they fit well in there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC