the huge difference 8 months makes

I am coming to terms recently with the new discovery that my Nolan will likely not be able to rear face to age 4 like I had hoped... I felt like he was tiny, had a short torso, was only in the 5th percentile for ages, so we should easily make it.. when this pic was taken he was in the 5th percentile, and had just turned 2 (he is an august baby) he weighed 23 lbs
img_4901.jpg

This picture was taken 2 months ago in the same seat different cover he is now 30 lbs and yesterday I measured him in his my ride and he has 1.5 inches of shell.
downsize65.jpg

he rides in a CA65 in my car now, but they made that new statement about being under 40 inches.. so that only buys us a few inches.. which could be a year if we are lucky.. but my smaller kids were over 41 inches by age 4 so I doubt it.

anyways just wanted to share his shocking growth spurt lol.. I am sad that the my ride days are over as we really really liked that car seat a lot...if I do not sell the my ride he will have to turn forward facing in DH's car in it in a couple months (he will be 3 in august) I am so worried about it.

ADS

Ladyl

My ds1 was tiny and shot up like that. I think ds2 may be following that path, too. It is so frustrating when it comes to carseats!

I'm surprised he only has 1.5 inches of growth, it looks like more, but pictures can be deceiving.

My ds1 was tiny and shot up like that. I think ds2 may be following that path, too. It is so frustrating when it comes to carseats!

I'm surprised he only has 1.5 inches of growth, it looks like more, but pictures can be deceiving.

I was shocked too when I measured, I thought we had at least 3 inches, but I measured like 4 times cause I was hoping I was just doing something wrong.. but it was the same every time Keith was helping me, he has 4 inches left in the avenue though, I wish it was a 40 lb rfing seat.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Babywearing Meghan said:
he rides in a CA65 in my car now, but they made that new statement about being under 40 inches
*whispers* what statement?

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

*whispers* what statement?

there have been a few threads on it, apparently an engineer for dorel said that they over rotate if the child is over 40 inches and rear facing so the child must be under 40 inches no exceptions.. I have been struggling with what to do, follow the manual and wait until they send some notice to registered owners, or just turn him at 40 inches.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=172074&highlight=dorel

HOW I WISH I did not know this btw.. I would be happily using the CA thrilled I had a seat with super high rear facing limits.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Ah, crap. Any one want to buy a black and grey CA? EUC! Lol.

WHY would they make such an awesomely tall shell that we can't even utilise?! Claire is only 36# but 42 + inches.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
There have been threads and conversations about the 40 inch rule since the CA came out ;) also, it requires that the line be level to ground, so no installing more upright for older kids, according to Dorel.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
*sigh* I know, but all seats have height "limits" that are usually ok to disregard. Phooey. My only option now is FF or an xtsl with latch. Seat belts do not work in my car.

DahliaRW

FWIW, some people have been told by Dorel that it's ok to go over 40" So who knows. Personally, my kids have long torsoes, so if what that ONE person was told is true they would probably be in danger of over-rotating in that seat before 40". To me it makes no sense because torso heights vary so widely.

FWIW, some people have been told by Dorel that it's ok to go over 40" So who knows. Personally, my kids have long torsoes, so if what that ONE person was told is true they would probably be in danger of over-rotating in that seat before 40". To me it makes no sense because torso heights vary so widely.
yea I called too after I heard it, and they said the same thing, I think it seems dumb that they can't rear face even if they have short torso long legs, but even after I spoke with dorel I keep hearing more and more people say they have no option but to turn their kids because of this... so it must be a really big issue, if people are actually considering going by the height limit rather than the inch rule

2BunniesMommy

I know you have been on the board for quite a while and have most likely seen this thread. But are you sure you are measuring right? As a former MyRide user for over a year, I really think he has a lot more room than that. Can you post a pic from the side?

I know you have been on the board for quite a while and have most likely seen this thread. But are you sure you are measuring right? As a former MyRide user for over a year, I really think he has a lot more room than that. Can you post a pic from the side?

that is how I did it, he actually had more room in that pic than he does now. it is driving me nuts cause I feel like it happened overnight

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That picture of him on the striped shirt is the one you are talking about? Because he has several inches above his head :confused:

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

That picture of him on the striped shirt is the one you are talking about? Because he has several inches above his head :confused:

I measured over and over it was 1.5 inches.. ok let me remeasure in a bit

agave

My almost 3 yr old looks about the same in her myride and the last time I measured she was at 1.5". I think the foam over the shell is deceiving in pictures.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC