Bought a seat from BuyBuyBaby...and it was used!

KristinJ

So, about a month ago I bought a TrueFit from BuyBuyBaby. After using it for a week or so, decided I didn't like it so returned it (90 day return policy there).

Today, I decided I did in fact want the True Fit, so I go back to the store, and buy one. Got home and opened it up and to my surprise it was the same one I had returned! I know this because the latch straps were in the RFing position (they come from the manufacturer for the FF position), and there was sand in the seat from when my DD was in the sand box (not a lot...but a little in the cracks, etc)...

I couldn't believe they'd just put it back on the shelf! I called the manager to let her know, and she was pretty embarrassed and said all seats returned need to be damaged out, and that never should have gone back on the shelf. She'll be talking to all her employees about it.

Good thing I was the one who got that seat back, vs. someone else who thought they were getting a brand new seat! I'd have been soooo mad!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Usually two wrongs don't make a right... but in this case they did. You shouldn't have returned (for anything but an actual defect) a seat that was used enough to have sand in it, and they shouldn't have resold it. The Powers That Be saw to it that you got that seat.

KristinJ

Really? I made a point to ask before I bought the seat if I was able to return it if I changed my mind or didn't like it...and they said absolutely..within 90 days, no questions asked. Amazon also has a 365 day return policy on car seats...as well as diapers.com, right?

The sand got in it the first day I installed it- even before I drove anywhere. I plucked DD out of the sandbox to try the fit, brushed the sand off her and didn't realize sand was hidden in her rolled up pant cuffs. I vacuumed most of it, but apparently missed some. I think I used the seat two other times before returning it.

I don't see how I was in the wrong returning the seat...but that's besides the point.

Pixels

I don't see a problem with returning a seat with a little sand in it (accidental sand, of course) as long as the retailer accepts the return. :twocents: It's up to the retailer to determine what is acceptable and what is not. If they believe that the losses they will take from damaging out returned product is outweighed by the additional sales they will gain by having a great return policy or a reputation for good customer service, that is their right.

KristinJ

Thanks Pixels.

I was just surprised they put it back on the shelf...not knowing if it had been dropped, cracked, mis-used, in an accident, etc. Clearly they didn't take it out of the box to even inspect it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC