Radian buckle keeps coming undone.

leighi123

It happened again today, ds starts screaming in the back seat, "PULL OVER MOMMY IM NOT SAFE", one of the tongs of his harness had come undone (crotch buckle).

Its happened once before (he yelled that time too), and the first time I assumed maybe his shirt or the belly pad got stuck in it, and it didn't quite click. After that I've been REALLY careful to make sure it is in there tight and told ds to yell if it happens again.

I've noticed its not making the "click" sound like it used to, though it feels secure.

We don't allow food/drinks/shoes/silly putty/gum/crayons etc. in the car, so I don't think "crud" could have gotten in there.

So now I'm scared to use it, it would not be good if it popped open at the wrong moment. Tomorrow he will have to ride in both seats (my dad is taking him somewhere, then dropping him off with me), but I'm going to pull the buckle from the one in my dad's car.

I guess I should just order a new one? Or call up?

If I order a new one, should I get the longer version? Ds doesn't complain, but it does dig into his tummy, and my parents complain its hard to buckle, would the longer one help?

ADS

sunnymw

since you said it has a hard time clicking, I would take it out and clean it as per the manual first and test it in the house to see if it works. Food and drinks aren't the only crud that can build up... dust, clothing fuzzies, etc get in there too.

If that doesn't help I would call SK and get a replacement. Definitely go for the longer one.

And for the love of all things holy, with all the SK hatin' lately... crotch buckles are made by IMMI, Iirc. Not SK. ;)

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's the kind of thing that they should love fixing for you. Simple. If cleaning doesn't work they will just send you a new one. :)

leighi123

I tried cleaning it, it didn't help. So I poked a pipe cleaner in there, still didn't help. It doesn't go in right like it should, so I'm going to call (tuesday I guess). I'm glad I have the other seat for backup! (that one clicks just fine!)

sunnymw

leighi123 said:
I tried cleaning it, it didn't help. So I poked a pipe cleaner in there, still didn't help. It doesn't go in right like it should, so I'm going to call (tuesday I guess). I'm glad I have the other seat for backup! (that one clicks just fine!)

Pm me if they won't replace it, I have a spare crotch buckle. It's the shorter one but its just taking up space here ;)

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

leighi123

Pm me if they won't replace it, I have a spare crotch buckle. It's the shorter one but its just taking up space here ;)

Thanks! I'll see what they say first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC