How does the Radian Puzzle with the GN? A 3 across puzzle.

cryswilkins

We are road tripping and in theory we would like to get all the kids 3 across the back of the 2009 (maybe 2010?) Town and Country. We have two (DS - 16 months and C - 8 months) RFers and one FFer (DD - 4.5). The FFer could ride RF in the Radian.

Here are the seats that we have:

Radian XT - (DD does fit RF and would ride that way if we needed her to, even though she is primarily FF)
3 Marathon Classic's (DD can fit with a smidge of room FF but is not very comfortable)
FPSVD - not sure if that would make a difference?
Truefit
Nautilus (DD only)
Frontier 85 (DD only)

I worked on it a little bit today and successfully got a RF MA, RF Radian, RF MA. This works, but I worry about how we are going to load all three in the car? I am SHORT and would have to climb into the hatch to get them in. The Radian fits really well RF between the two.

I can also get a FF MA, RF Radian, and RF MA. The issue with this one is that the FF MA is for DD and its not really a comfortable seat for her to be in for a long time. She would live, but I don't really want to listen to her whine the whole way there and back.

The Frontier and the RF MA did not puzzle together. I didn't try the GN at all, but I am wondering how the RF Radian and the GN Puzzle together? What about the GN and a RF MA?

Anyone have any other thoughts? Do I need another Radian?

ADS

sunnymw

The only way I can get them next to each other in my car is if the gn is on the passenger side. The radian rf hits right where the cup holder would be otherwise.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

Cryssy Jane

Rf blvd classic center, gn drivers side

Rf rn, gn, rf rn.

All seatbelt. Worked well in my little impreza.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

Neatfreak

They work well in our Kia, too, but I have three captains chairs across (may be roomier than usual for two seats side-by-side).

sunnymw

Cryssy it looks like your radians are way more upright than mine, which would solve the cup holder issue. :)

A Radian was where the keyfit was right before this pic, and fit also.
IMAG0450.jpg

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

Cryssy Jane

sunnymw said:
Cryssy it looks like your radians are way more upright than mine, which would solve the cup holder issue. :)

true true. Radians naturally install pretty upright in my car. I did notice the more
Upright the less the cup holders got in the way. That being said I do feel that a rf rn puzzles better with a fr

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
The center seating position in my 98 CRV is very small, but fwiw I tried to put a Nautilus in the center next to my outboard RF Radian and there's no way they would fit, the sides of the Nauti are just too wide and didn't fit with the Radian. A RF MyRide or FF Marathon do fit though.

emtb79

This is a cavalier with the radian RF
picture.php

And in an ODY both Forward facing.
picture.php

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC