My radian cover looks like CRAP!

todzwife

I got it at the very end of 09 and just washed it for the first time a couple days ago. The binding that goes around the edge of the whole thing looks TERRIBLE! It's the FLORA pattern, and I washed on delicate. It's fraying everywhere!

Is this something SK will replace? I'm afraid it won't make it to the 8 Yr exp. w/out a new cover,and for a nearly $300 seat, I would expect it would last.:mad:

ADS

sunnymw

Give it a shot. They are kinda desperate to make people happy right now and at least this is a problem they can solve :whistle:

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Mine was awful too, I just cut off all the little frays. It's got a broken snap, too which was broken before the cover was ever removed. I should call...

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Y the manual says to hand wash.

:yeahthatsad:

To the people who havent washed it, or it was broken from the get-go, I'd think they might do something. But the instructions are clear about handwashing, so I'm not sure if they would do anything if you machine washed it, even on delicate??

sunnymw

bobandjess99 said:
:yeahthatsad:

To the people who havent washed it, or it was broken from the get-go, I'd think they might do something. But the instructions are clear about handwashing, so I'm not sure if they would do anything if you machine washed it, even on delicate??

I told them I had washed on delicate one time and the cover had a hole and was oozing fuzzies and they replaced. It was less than a year old though.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

Stelvis

Back when they were still talking to me, I called them once about washing the cover on delicate even though the manual said hand wash. They told me it was okay to do. They also said I could put it in the dryer on air only.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

It's out of warranty and machine-washed. You're not entitled to a replacement. I wouldn't expect anything and I wouldn't call.

todzwife

I used the hand wash cycle on my top loading HE machine. I don't see any difference between that and actually using my hands.

Jillybeans5

While I agree that you are not ENTITLED to a replacement, I would still call and explain. They might opt to give you a replacement just for good customer service, especially with the issues they are having.

Lyndsy

I am out of warranty by about 4 months and I sent pictures just last week of my cover that is fraying. Susan responded quickly and said I could pick any other cover I wanted (that went with the 80SL) and they would send me a replacement. My new cover shipped the other day by UPS. She never even asked if I had washed it or anything. I hadn't. It was one of the mesh type covers that just started fraying all over the seat. I would definitely email or call!

shorty393

I don't keep up on ehre like I used to...what issues have they been having?

As for the cover, I have washed mine on delicate twice and it is still like new. It's the granite one from a 40lb rf RN65. So I guess the second gen ones.

Cryssy Jane

Mine has crazy pulls and snags all over too. It's been washed once by hand but still yucky. Mines a 12/09 dom so I wouldn't feel entitled to a new cover free of charge. All my velcro is coming off as well. I think I want a different cover though so I'm slowly saving up. I'll email Susan but I don't expect anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

cryswilkins

I called today about fading and peeling stickers on a Malibu XT with a 12/08 manufacture date (purchased in 11/09) and they are sending me replacement stickers and a replacement cover. I didn't even ask. What I really wanted was the replacement stickers and mentioned the cover while I had someone on the phone.

christineka

I called today about fading and peeling stickers on a Malibu XT with a 12/08 manufacture date (purchased in 11/09) and they are sending me replacement stickers and a replacement cover. I didn't even ask. What I really wanted was the replacement stickers and mentioned the cover while I had someone on the phone.

I think I should call. I need new stickers. I also have a mesh cover and it is rather fuzzy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC