thank you guys!! [car seat check]

sharsachan

Yesterday there was a car seat check in my town, so of course i packed my kids up and went!

They checked my seats first with the kids in, made sure the harnesses were tight [they were] and that the chest clip was on the chest [it was] and checked to make sure the harness was coming out of the correct slots on the myride [below, since she is rear-facing]

Then they checked without the kids in. made sure they were tightly installed [they were] and at the appropriate angles [they were]. took the model numbers and such and checked for recalls, then checked the DOMs and asked me if I knew the seats' histories and if I had bought them new [yes, and yes]

They said it was great that both kids are still rear-facing. They then asked if I had done the installs myself and I proudly answered yes. One of them then asked if I had ever considered becoming a tech!! He said my installs were perfect, they didnt have to fix anything and he was very surprised and said he rarely has perfect installs, and that I had TWO was great. He asked how I had learned, I told him I wanted to keep my kids safe so I did the research. He asked where I had done my research and suggested visiting Safety Belt Safe at http://www.carseat.org/ as well. He finished up saying "good job, and you know, we could really use you at the next check!"

So thank you for helping me keep my kids safe!! And for probably making that tech's day for finding a car with perfect installs :)

ADS

CarSeatSafetyMom

CPST Instructor
Well, let me be the First to Say...You are very Welcome!! :) I am sure you made his day and it was probably the talk of the event afterwards.

You are one of the Rare Parents we come across in our line of work...the ones we don't have to convince to KEEP their Child RF b/c it is Safer to do so until the child is closer to 2yo and has met the RF height & weight limits, or that they need to stay in a FF harness seat as long as possible, or in a booster until they pass a 5-Step test in the vehicle (my DS didn't pass in my car until just before his 11th b-day).

Congratulations on doing the Research and Learning something in the Process!

Maybe, one day, you will decide to become a Tech. We can always use more dedicated, safety minded parents in this field! :D I'm one!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC