4-6-year-old NO carseat/booster. Report?

bnsnyde

I just watched a 4-6-year-old at my kid's sport class (for 4-6-year-olds)get out of his car with no carseat or booster. I don't know if he even had a belt on. In Illinois there is an online page you can report the license plate to. I wrote it down.
I guess that's the best bet? They just send literature to the parents, from what I understand.

Nice family, but come on! No seat at all?

ADS

Evolily

I make reports to be a buckle buddy at least twice a month. Sit in a target parking lot for half an hour and you'll have a list of plates :( .

Honestly, I would go crazy if we didn't have it.

MommaWhitney

Wish we had something like that here. It is legal in my state to ride in seat belt only and that sucks so bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

CarSeatSafetyMom

CPST Instructor
:yeahthatsad:

I swear I can hear the police dep. operator roll their eyes at me when I call to report. (Yes I have reported several times).

I totally agree with this statement! :yeahthatlove: I haven't reported anything lately, but I love having to explain how I know that this child's seat is installed wrong (ex: when I see a RF infant only installed FF!). Otherwise, I think the agency responses well.

smileybrea

CPS Technician
We have a hotline we can call with plate numbers and city they were spotted in. They send out car seat safety information to the owner of the vehicle with a letter about why they are receiving the info (they were spotted incorrectly or not using a car seat, etc.) I've called 911 when I spot something illegal (which isn't much with our HORRIBLE laws) like a 1 yr old not in anything :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC