Cares Harness idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeBeans

I was looking at the Cares Harness and was suddenly really irritated, lol.

I mean, you spend 300 dollars on a plane ticket for your 2 year old, and your choices are to either haul a heavy-assed carseat on board or spend yet another 75 dollars to keep him safe in the seat you've bought for him. That sucks.

What about petitioning airlines to start CARRYING those things on board? Think about it...10 CARES harnesses on each plane....

:confused:

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
That would be nice, but how realistic is it? and who would be responsible for cleaning them (kids are pretty messy & many vomit on airplanes)?

vonfirmath

Plus how would a CARES harness on an airplane be any better than renting a car seat? Would you trust the airline to take better care than the rental agency? And remove it from service at the proper time, etc?

ThreeBeans

Plus how would a CARES harness on an airplane be any better than renting a car seat? Would you trust the airline to take better care than the rental agency? And remove it from service at the proper time, etc?

In this case, though, it's just the harness...we don't have to worry about the plastic degrading over time, correct?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In this case, though, it's just the harness...we don't have to worry about the plastic degrading over time, correct?

Yeah, it's 'just a seatbelt'...not a huge hunk of plastic with belts and crash and install issues to sweat.

I don't see why they couldn't be in packets like headphones, used once, and sent off to be cleaned and stuck back on the plane, though... it really SHOULD be something planes have to offer for the price of a child's ticket. :thumbsup:

teekadog

I heard they tried, but the airlines wouldn't buy it. Can't remember where I heard that though, so my post is as useful as the wind. Obviously if there was a big stink about it some airlines might consider it. And who better to raise a stink than kids-- ahem, I mean parents?

Pawy

We could ask airlines before booking if they have any child seats or cares harness ohh you dont carry one oh ill try some one else...

Money is the only thing they care about and when one of them offers it others will join.

But i think the FAA has to regulate and say no child safety, child cannot fly...

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC