Bubble Bum

NannyMom

Mine has arrive. It actually fit in the mailbox! The instructions came in 14 languages, but no English. I did get a copy of the labels for the US seats. It does come with a shoulder belt adjuster, just like the Gracos. The instructions that came with that are confusing though (picture doesn't quite match up with my seat). A review should be ready by tomorrow night.

ETA: I did find the English/Spanish Owner's Manual

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

For those of you on my FB, I've uploaded a sneak peek. I have a picture of it compared to the Graco backless, and Harmony Literider, and Radian. And even 2 videos (sorry, my phone limits to 30sec) of it inflating. When I get home in a few hours I will transfer it to here.

NannyMom

I don't know how to get the videos from my FB to somewhere to here (I don't know how to save it off FB). But, here are pictures.

The instructions do say to untwist the valve, blow it up, then twist valve closed. I did that the first time. After that, I found it will inflate itself in less then 2mins if you leave the valve open (then close afterward). It's really difficult to inflate. I have a video of a 42 pound 6 year old trying to deflate, and she couldn't. I have a hard time doing it, and I am not weak.

This is passenger side 3rd row in my 2008 Sienna. Before I had the Radian, I had a Team Tex booster (I forget what it's called, but it's slightly narrower than the Harmony Literider) and that *just* fit. I had to move the seat, buckle it, put the seat back and have the kid slide in. The Radian *just* fits. It looks like the BubbleBum would leave room for a hand to buckle.

It fits similarly in the Harmony Literider.

I wanted to point something out too. In their video on their site (www.bubblebum.us), it looks like the lap belt positioners are way too close to the knees to really work. That always confused me. But, in reality they are right where they're supposed to be, towards the back of the seat.

Also, I've heard it still passes testing deflated (for those worried what if it pops). I plan to have my 84 pound 8 year old sit on it deflated to see how it positions the belt. She's too heavy to use it, but I think it might need her weight to keep it from re-inflating.

Kat_Momof3

looks so cool... what shall you do with it when you are done reviewing... aka... wonder if anyone who won't be keeping theirs would contact me... via pm... :D

NannyMom

looks so cool... what shall you do with it when you are done reviewing... aka... wonder if anyone who won't be keeping theirs would contact me... via pm... :D

Oh, I will be keeping it. It's perfect for the 2 tight spots in my 3rd row, if needed. They were supposed to be released to the US in April. I don't know what happened. Maybe I'll find out after I get the email with review form I'm supposed to fill out.

sweetfeet

What are the height/weight limits? That looks great for grandma's van, but Sophie is around 85 pounds and probably too big.

NannyMom

that's a short height limit

I hadn't realized that, but you're right. Here is a quote from the FAQ on their website
What age should my child be to use a BubbleBum?

A child should meet ALL of the following requirements in order to use ANY booster seat:

Aged between 3 and 11 Weigh between 40-80lbs Height up to 4ft 9 inches or when child's ears are above the back of the vehicle seat.

It is recommended that you keep your child in the lowest Group car seat until the maximum weight allowance for that restraint before moving up to the next Group.

mlohry

I must have flown below the radar for these, but that is super, duper cool! I want to try one, would love one for tight 3 across situations. My 8 year old would be a PERFECT candidate for one.

I am confused, are they out to buy or not yet? We are looking at getting a more fuel efficient car and would need to do a tight 3 across and this would solve all my problems!

NannyMom

I must have flown below the radar for these, but that is super, duper cool! I want to try one, would love one for tight 3 across situations. My 8 year old would be a PERFECT candidate for one.

I am confused, are they out to buy or not yet? We are looking at getting a more fuel efficient car and would need to do a tight 3 across and this would solve all my problems!

They aren't for sale in the US yet. I won on Facebook to be a US tester. The seat I have is their European seat, but they sent a copy of the US seat labels and instructions. It was supposed to be released in April, not sure what happened.

mlohry

One complaint I read online was that the child slips out from under it, it's hard for me to think that would happen, since it has those seat belt slide throughs. Might work better I would think on non slippery seats. Have you put a child on it yet?

mlohry

NannyMom said:
They aren't for sale in the US yet. I won on Facebook to be a US tester. The seat I have is their European seat, but they sent a copy of the US seat labels and instructions. It was supposed to be released in April, not sure what happened.

Do they have a FB page?

NannyMom

One complaint I read online was that the child slips out from under it, it's hard for me to think that would happen, since it has those seat belt slide throughs. Might work better I would think on non slippery seats. Have you put a child on it yet?

Do they have a FB page?
Yes. Search Bubblebum

I have a pic of my 84 pound 8yr in it, but don't have premission to post. She is over the limit, but I just wanted to see how she'd fit. I haven't had a child ride in it yet.

mlohry

I liked their FB page. Wish I could be a tester, my 55 lb 8 year old would be perfect for this in a tight 3 across. I am SO happy they finally came out with a product like this! I am going to tell all my friend's about it!

I see they have a US website now. I put my name on their email list.

bigteamug

Whoo-hoo! I hope they get them out soon for the rest of us - we go to Disneyland in JUNE and I was hoping to have one of those for the trip. Probably not going to happen in time to get it, though.......

I want one for carpooling, regardless, though - might be the only one that gives an easy 3-across in our '05 Prius, between a Vivo and a RadianXT (there was a time when I wished I had waited just a little longer and had gotten the XTSL - not anymore!)

A word of caution - when you google bubblebum, make sure that you type it perfectly. I left the "m" off the end and the search results were NOT what I intended! :eek: Maybe :sick: is more appropriate....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC