3 across in Pontiac G6?/ was Re: Successful Three Across thread

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It will be tight, but that probably will fit.

What are ages/sizes of kids? If that doesn't fit, try the MR in the middle, with the RN and another low-profile seat (Avenue, Complete Air) outboard. New seats are cheaper than new car. ;)

Google says you have 49.9" hip room. You CAN get three across in that space. Even RF three across. I can do it in 48.

Sunshy9

You know the stats of some of those kids, Carrie, but I'll post them again

Abbey, 7.5 years, 51.5 inches, or 4'2", 53 lbs
Izzy, 3.5 years, 39.25 inches, or 3'3", 33lbs, would like her RF still, in a MyRide65
Peter, 12.5 months, 28.5 inches, or 2'4.5", 23lbs, RF in SafeSeat1, 30lb limit with base
and they are expecting a new baby in Dec, if all goes like other kids, baby will be between 7 and 9 lbs when born and about 20 in, I have a Keyfit 30 waiting for him/her.

Depending on how the 3 acrosses fit, I'm fine with keeping the SS1 and base in car as an option.

I will also be purchasing a Marathon soon too.

So these are the seats:
MyRide
SafeSeat1 with base
Keyfit 30 with base
3 Turboboosters
2 Nautilus

possibly a Radian
and hopefully a Marathon :)

andre149

I have a G6... and I think you can do it. Personally, I'd do all seatbelt installs, but one side has a nice latch set up (I think it's passenger) that doesn't really overlap the others, then the other ones just get weird. I've done
adult in seatbelt/RF radian/ RF dorel infant seat (baseless) and everyone had plenty of space. The radian rf fits great in the center of that car, and the MR fits great rf outboard, I've just never played with the two of them together :eek:

ETA: I've also had a 22lb KF outboard and just from visual memory I see no problem with a RF radian in the center next to it :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yep, just wasn't sure which of those kids you were transporting NOT in the SUV, lol.

Are you putting Abbey in a booster in the front? Or you need a three across with Abbey, Izzy and Parker, and then a different one with I, P, and the noob?

You'll need something low-profile. Radian, Complete Air, Avenue. That lets you puzzle the MR or MA "above" it.

Honestly, I would find a way to get yourself a Radian. Your gang is small enough that you can get away with a 40lb RF limit 65... get one from swap or buy on sale with a coupon code. I hemmed and hawwed over mine but I am SO glad I have it. Maybe the kids' parents would even chip in for part of it?

simplychels

I can't see why that wouldn't work.

I have an 08 G6 and have not done 3 across (never had to), but I've done a Center installed radian directly next to a keyfit. That had room to spare, they were not pushing up against each other even. And I've done a center installed radian next to a MR and a MA (at separate times, that was not a 3 across) and also had a very easy time installing side by side. Likely because the other seats go above the RN which is really the saving grace.

Sunshy9

Yep, just wasn't sure which of those kids you were transporting NOT in the SUV, lol.
Are you putting Abbey in a booster in the front? Or you need a three across with Abbey, Izzy and Peter, and then a different one with I, P, and the noob?
You'll need something low-profile. A Radian, Complete Air, Avenue. That lets you puzzle the MR or MA "above" it.
Honestly, I would find a way to get yourself a Radian. Your gang is small enough that you can get away with a 40lb RF limit 65... get one from swap or buy on sale with a coupon code. I hemmed and hawwed over mine but I am SO glad I have it. Maybe the kids' parents would even chip in for part of it?

Yes I will need both of those set ups, and I really don’t want Abbey up front, she still falls asleep on a 10 min drive to her school, but she will def be in a booster no matter where she sits in the car.
I have recently have acquired an Avenue but the manufacture date has been half scratched off and I know for a fact that the family I got it from has a 7 year old that started out in that seat as a 6 month old. So I’m not going to use that particular seat. I was going to use it in the Sept trade in event at BRU, but that cover is up for grabs though, $25?If I can get a Radian before Nov, then my set up would be Noob in Keyfit, Izzy ff in Radian, and Peter rf in MyRide
Depending on their parents’ car seat purchases, (mom said she wants another Marathon) I might be able to use one of their Radians and, depending upon Izzy’s growth she will most likely be ff in the Radian by that point, she has a ½ inch in the MR left, and I’m hoping it will last the summer :( And she will be in preschool next fall.

But I would really like a set up that includes Abbey in the back seat, and the following summer I will need a new set up anyway because Nora can no longer fit in a harnessed seat and Mason doesn’t 5 step test in my car yet. I want them all in boosters still and 3 boosters dont fit 3 across in the G6 backseat.
So this ^ leads to me getting a new car. :p

I can't see why that wouldn't work.
I have an 08 G6 and have not done 3 across (never had to), but I've done a Center installed radian directly next to a keyfit. That had room to spare, they were not pushing up against each other even. And I've done a center installed radian next to a MR and a MA (at separate times, that was not a 3 across) and also had a very easy time installing side by side. Likely because the other seats go above the RN which is really the saving grace.

Mine is an 08 too :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC