Yesterday my children rode without a carseat! (Pictures)

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
How fun!

Was that the "Day Out with Thomas"? We are going to that in August, was it fun? What should I expect?

Loved the Thomas hats, DS has that one and wears it all the time. The matching shirts were cute too, did you get those before you went?

R&J'sMom

They look like thay had a great time. We just took our boys to that on May 11th when Day Out with Thomas was in AZ. It was so much fun!!!

MsFacetious

I got the clothes minus the hat before we went. http://www.allaboardtoys.com/ had a killer sale on them. I got them a bunch of Jay Jay, Thomas, ect clothes. They needed some summer clothes... so I got sizes 4t and 5t. The shirts all fit them now and will for years... lol. The shorts won't fit them till at least next year. So I just got plain shorts at walmart. :)

The hats we got there, I had been looking for them anyways.

Because I'm lazy, I'm going to refer you to another blog entry about this. Lol. We actually got there later than we should have. You are supposed to arrive 1 hour before departure... we got there about 15 minutes before. I knew there was NO way Ali was going to be able to handle being in the sun for a full hour. We just rode then went and looked at the stuff to buy, took a few more pictures and left. The biggest concern of mine was the heat, if it was at a different time of year we would have done much more.

http://buckeyefam.blogspot.com/

She got some better pictures too. lol. We got a few with their Dad in front of Thomas, but Ali was so done. I feel so bad... not only can she not tolerate the heat, but she had to wear socks and tennies so she could even walk. So she was even hotter than she would normally be. Poor kid.

The summers in Minnesota will be a nice break. :) A full 10-15 degrees cooler than here. :)

ThreeBeans

They are such cute little things :love:

Last summer we did a dinner-train ride on Cape Cod and DS had a similar reaction when the train started moving :p

JaRylan

Great pictures!

Would one of those bandanas that you soak in water and they gel up and stay cool for the day help Ali with the heat? This is a version of what I mean: Cool Wrap They aren't supposed to get your clothes wet or drip from what I've been told. Rylan was on meds for the last two summers that were more sensitive to the heat...not fun.

mominabigtruck

I took the boys to day out with thomas last year in Lebanon, OH and they loved it. Ds2 also had issues with the no seat thing and kept trying to jump around and threw his pacifier out the window twice. If you can its way better if you go on a weekday early in the day because they are super busy on the weekends and you end up standing in line forever to buy souviniers and the trains are packed. We will probably go again this year as we are only about 15minutes away from the train station now.

easterbun

Your girls are just WAY too cute! I do the same thing in the heat, BTW - it's no fun living in Texas :( Thankfully my kids didn't inherit that lovely "feature" from me!

cheerbop

We were there with our 3 boys on Saturday for the 4:15 ride.
What fun!
We also took just our oldest when he was 4 about 6 years ago.

It is a fun thing to do. My middle keeps saying "Thomas is pooped out!":D

Last edited:

Tara

Looks like they had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing the pics. What gorgeous little girls you have. Their smiles just brighten my day, I'm tellin' ya :)

Tara

hehehe I know what ya mean. It's so easy to just sit there and let it clickclickclick away while they're doing something isn't it?

I recently got some 'succession' shots..the baby playing with a bowl, putting it on his head, it falls, repeat...the eldest two flipping around on a chair..and 2 very AWESOME crashes..at the track LOL

I love that camera function hehe

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC