Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member libranbutterfly's Avatar

Infinate Adjust?

I am writing to my city bus company to see if they could get some 5 pt. seats for use on the buses. I was thinking something with infinite adjust would be good, if you could change the harness height without uninstalling the seats. I figure if they have one RF and on FF on each bus, in the back seats (I read something about car seats installed on buses messing up the compartmentalizing?) then that would cover MOST circumstances, at least for now.I am also including info on how boosters should not be used w/ lap only belts. tia!
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &
    Rayne (1) ERF in a Scenera for now

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Infinate Adjust?

http://www.safeguardseat.com/ might be a good place to start...but coming out any week now will be the www.safetymadeeasier.com Evenflo Triumph Advance that definitely has infinite adjust and doesn't require a top tether.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crazy

Ditto what the pp said, but here's the direct link to Safeguards Bus restraint. How would a regular seat install on a bus?
    http://www.safeguardseat.com/bus/products_ics.htm

Our buses have lap belts. I think the new triumph advance might be the easiest for them to get ahold of. I dont know if the safeguard bus harnesses will work right with the seats, the back isnt straight, is curves up and down. sorry for lack of punctuation, naking

Thanks!!
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &

Carseat Crazy

Would they really do that? I mean wouldn't the city be assuming all liability for the child in event of an accident if they supplied the seat and installed it? It sounds great in theory but it sounds like a liability nightmare. And I would NEVER use a seat installed on a bus and assume it was a safe, no accident, installed correctly seat. I get its better than nothing, but I woudl bring my own.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by vatechgrad View Post
    Would they really do that? I mean wouldn't the city be assuming all liability for the child in event of an accident if they supplied the seat and installed it? It sounds great in theory but it sounds like a liability nightmare. And I would NEVER use a seat installed on a bus and assume it was a safe, no accident, installed correctly seat. I get its better than nothing, but I woudl bring my own.

Janet
    Right now they are making me put my 2 yr old in a BB with only a lapbelt, so that would be safer. It is not practical for me to take 2 carseats with me, and there is no way I could get a good install on both, in a hurry, while getting on the bus. If they had seats, I could check the install really quick, adjust the harnesses, and then buckle up.
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &