What to wear to car seat check

cmm7

Tomorrow is the final day of my class. It is the check day. Supposed to be sunny and in 70s. Shorts or capris do you think? I feel like if I am going to be really busy shorts would be good for the temperature, but should I wear capris for protection when kneeling in unknown seats?

ADS

Kjefferson23

CPS Technician
I would wear nice capris or even pants just because you do want to look professional. I would not want to be climbing into any cars in shorts anyways because you just never know what you are getting into!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Shorts or capris are fine. But definitely a nice supportive bra and a shirt with good coverage. It's not uncommon to be tush side up during a check, or to lean over toward a parent.

If you do wear shorts, make sure they're not so short that you moon anyone. On the other end, whatever you wear on the bottom, make sure even if you squat or lean over you aren't showing anyone anything you don't want them to see.

Wendy

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I wore jean shorts to my last check because it was so, so hot. Then, I had to install seats in a filthy car and sticky, smelly carseats and wished I had capris on because I put my knee in the seats to tighten them.

Jessica61624

Kac said:
I wore jean shorts to my last check because it was so, so hot. Then, I had to install seats in a filthy car and sticky, smelly carseats and wished I had capris on because I put my knee in the seats to tighten them.

Yuck!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
bethng said:
no low riding jeans! Learned that lesson the hard way :whistle::D

Yeah there was a new tech at a recent check that had MAJOR whale tail going on !

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO: that's the best "oops wrong thread" post ever

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Lol! Wear a high necked shirt, no v's ;) even regular t-shirt can give quite a show.

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

cmm7

Shirts aren't a problem because they gave us Safe Kids ones with CPST on it. :) I made sure to get a medium to allow extra coerage!

Thanks for the tidbits about the shorts/capris. I think I will stick to capris for the cleanliness and professional aspect. My shorts are in no way short but I definitely don't want to accidentally kneel in something sticky or wet. :sick:

Louisa

CPST Instructor
I always wear a long tanktop that i tuck in so that if my shirt rides up when i bend over there is no skin showing.

Nisha

I never go to a check without wearing a long tank under my shirt and wearing a belt!

I have been known to kneel on the concrete, so jeans are my preference, just to protect my knees!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The instructor who roughy my class wore cleavage shirts and short skirts. And bent over a lot. The firefighters loved her!

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Yep, capri's if it's warm and pants if it's not. Nothing low rise. If you've got issues with bits popping out, then a tank or shirt underneath is good. Our SK shirts are weirdly tight at the neck, so I don't usually worry about that.

I would suggest though that you make sure your pants have pockets. I'm always needing to store something (gloves, extra hair ties, tissues, hand sanitizer, etc.) on my person. It's irritating if I realize I forgot to wear bottoms that have a pocket.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC