Silly car seat and cover choice poll

Which kid should I put in which seat?

• Dd4 in cow and ds2 in sporty blue

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • dd4 in monet and ds2 in cow

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

christineka

I've decided I don't like the CA enough to have it in my van. I'm going to put it in the car and have the true fit in the van. Right now the true fit is wearing monet, which is pretty and pink. If it will be ds' seat, it will go sporty blue. Or, I could put him in the cow and the baby in the pink true fit. This decision has absolutely nothing to do with safety, but I'd like some opinions just to help me make up my mind since I'm not exactly sure. Both kids fit well in both seats.

ADS

NVMBR02

I'd probably put your ds in the true fit and your dd in the MA only because older kids always look squished in the MA to me. I know your kids are on the small side but your ds is still probably bigger than your dd so I would give him the seat with more shoulder and leg room.

I do love the monet cover though, soooo pretty!

christineka

I didn't realize that the seats mattered, but I now see that they do. I want ds in the middle and dd outboard. (She requires more attention to get into the car seat, and closer to me is easier for me.) The arb bar on the true fit makes it so the seat back can't move and we need that outboard position to be able to move. I also could not use latch for the MA in the middle. The latch anchors are too close together. Not that that is bad, but latch is easier and isn't unbuckled by mistake. (I have a booster kid sitting on the other side.)

So, I guess the true fit will don sporty blue and be ds' seat. I'm considering putting dd into the princess radian and sticking the cow in dh's car for awhile.

As an aside, can I cut the orange strap which attaches the true fit latch to the seat? I've never had a problem before, but today it wrinkles right at the lockoff and so the lockoff won't close.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC