Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Installing Britax Marathon in 2001 Infinity G20.

Visiting grandparents in a few weeks and will need to install our Britax Marathon in their 2001 Infinity G20. I cannot find any evidence that this vehicle is equipped with LATCH and am uneasy about installing with seat belt? Will I be able to use the top tether anchor on our seat? Anyone with experience installing in this vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated! They will be picking us up at the airport so the pressure will be on to install! Also curious about backseat room after installing? Will we be able to seat 2 adults in the back seat with the car seat installed in the middle? Our daughter is almost four, 41 inches tall and weighs approximately 40 lbs - also open to buying a booster to use if would be easier to install, allow more room and be equally safe? We visit them about 1-2 times per year so we could leave it there if not too costly? Open to any and all advice! Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Installing Britax Marathon in 2001 Infinity G20.

I don't have my LATCH manual in front of me, so I can't tell you about LATCH or tethers. Likely it has tethers, maybe not LATCH (my 2001 Nissan did not), and even if it did it doesn't have LATCH in the center.

A seatbelt install is very easy. How are you planning on installing the seat on the plane? It goes the same way as that, though you'll need to lock the seatbelt either with the lockoff or by pulling the belt all the way out and then letting it retract (actually, it may be a lap only in the back middle, in which case it'll be just like on the airplane. Buckle and tighten).

If you want something else, I'd look at the Evenflo Maestro. It's narrow, lightweight, has 18" top slots and a 50 pound harness limit and costs $80.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785