Question Installing Britax Marathon in 2001 Infinity G20.

Alabamamom

Visiting grandparents in a few weeks and will need to install our Britax Marathon in their 2001 Infinity G20. I cannot find any evidence that this vehicle is equipped with LATCH and am uneasy about installing with seat belt? Will I be able to use the top tether anchor on our seat? Anyone with experience installing in this vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated! They will be picking us up at the airport so the pressure will be on to install! Also curious about backseat room after installing? Will we be able to seat 2 adults in the back seat with the car seat installed in the middle? Our daughter is almost four, 41 inches tall and weighs approximately 40 lbs - also open to buying a booster to use if would be easier to install, allow more room and be equally safe? We visit them about 1-2 times per year so we could leave it there if not too costly? Open to any and all advice! Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't have my LATCH manual in front of me, so I can't tell you about LATCH or tethers. Likely it has tethers, maybe not LATCH (my 2001 Nissan did not), and even if it did it doesn't have LATCH in the center.

A seatbelt install is very easy. How are you planning on installing the seat on the plane? It goes the same way as that, though you'll need to lock the seatbelt either with the lockoff or by pulling the belt all the way out and then letting it retract (actually, it may be a lap only in the back middle, in which case it'll be just like on the airplane. Buckle and tighten).

If you want something else, I'd look at the Evenflo Maestro. It's narrow, lightweight, has 18" top slots and a 50 pound harness limit and costs $80.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC