Does anyone know why???? Other suggestions welcome :)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Does anyone know why Recaro doesn't allow the seat belt to be locked with the Probooster?

Here is my situation: I have a 5 year old son who is currently riding a Graco Nautilus and a Frontier 85. He is on the top slot of the GN (which means he obviously has a ton of room in the FN85). He is 37lbs. He has awhile left in the GN as well but..... he hasn't had more than 1/4" of torso growth in the past year and a half, so he is due. Still I think he will have at least another year before he outgrows it.

He also has a muscle weakness which means that it is going to take me MUCH longer to booster train him because not only to I have to train the behavior, we have to work on the muscles so he can physically sit properly. We do a lot of physical and occupational therapy now, we have started by sitting in our turbo in the house while watching a 1/2 hour of TV, and he can only sit for about 5min right now before he slouches. I plan on continuing to work on it in the house for awhile. But I would like to be able to booster train during the summer, so by winter he is stronger if he happens to outgrow the GN earlier than expected.

Also in my car my seat belts don't lock at the retractor (darn Chrysler!) But they do in my husbands Yaris. And for training I'd perfer to be able to lock the belt to help him stay in position. But since it is going in the Yaris a lot of SIP is a MUST!!! Which is why I like the Probooster. Any other suggestions? I'd rather not do a Monterey.

It is going to be a LONG time before he is boostered full time. And I do realize he is not yet 40lbs, but I am concerned about him outgrowing the GN before 40lbs and not having enough time to booster train. Even when he does outgrow the GN, booster rides will be rare. Otherwise I'd probably buy another FN85. (I'm still thinking about it!!!) But he will need to be booster trained at some point. And I think the more time I give him and his muscles the better off we will be.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC